Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Axcel is going to need to come out with a (HS) version.
I can't get my 20, 30 yd pins close enough. I guess I'll set them at 15-30. I don't shoot a fast arrow either 270-280.
Other than that the scope is great!

·
Registered
8,987 Posts
I have the same problem with my mbg ascent 3 pin. I solved the issue by getting a Spot Hogg.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Axcel is going to need to come out with a (HS) version.
I can't get my 20, 30 yd pins close enough. I guess I'll set them at 15-30. I don't shoot a fast arrow either 270-280.
Other than that the scope is great!
Do you have the carbon slider or the fixed version? The farther out the site is away from the bow the farther apart your pins will be.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have the carbon slider or the fixed version? The farther out the site is away from the bow the farther apart your pins will be.
I have the carbon pro

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the same problem with my mbg ascent 3 pin. I solved the issue by getting a Spot Hogg.
I know what you mean. I've had 2 Hogg Fathers and a handful of Hogg-it's/hunters
They are top quality sights, but I like the accutouch sight with the accuclicks and the micro adjustability.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got to run some more arrows through it this weekend to be sure, but I'll probably just set the first two at 15 and 30. Not that big of a deal to me, but for the guys who are into blazing speed it might be a problem. View attachment 3700873

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I couldn't get them any closer than 3/16". Again, that's fine for me because I don't shoot a fast arrow, but if you're shooting close to 300fps or more I don't see how you could set your pins that are closer than say 35yds.? I'm sure they'll have a (HS) version soon.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I couldn't get them any closer than 3/16". Again, that's fine for me because I don't shoot a fast arrow, but if you're shooting close to 300fps or more I don't see how you could set your pins that are closer than say 35yds.? I'm sure they'll have a (HS) version soon.
good review...thanks for posting.
I really want to try one out, but thinking of waiting till the HS version arrives.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good review...thanks for posting.
I really want to try one out, but thinking of waiting till the HS version arrives.
It may be worth a phone call to Axcel's custom shop (Randy?) and see if the High Speed pins they use on their armortech could be retrofitted easily to the accustat setup. To me the accustat pins look the same as the pins they have been using for several years now.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
It may be worth a phone call to Axcel's custom shop (Randy?) and see if the High Speed pins they use on their armortech could be retrofitted easily to the accustat setup. To me the accustat pins look the same as the pins they have been using for several years now.
Just a thought.
I'm gonna go ahead and order anyways.
Great idea to call and discuss options for high speed retrofit, if i run into a jam.
I should be shooting just shy of 300fps, so i may be good without modification.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I always set up my three pins for hunting at 20, 35 and 50. Just another option, has worked well for me over the years.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I always set up my three pins for hunting at 20, 35 and 50. Just another option, has worked well for me over the years.
Yep, and anyone who has ever owned an Axcel Armortech can attest to the fact that the pins can be bent because they are a hollow tube to hold the fiber. So I guess if you need the pins closer together you can make your standard pins into (HS) pins easily ;).

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yes that's very true, especially the .010" pins bend fairly easily if you're not careful, at least on the armortechs. So might be able to use it to your advantage on the Accustat, just would be hard for me to bend the pins after spending that much money.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
That is a bummer to hear ... I really wanted one but that's a lot of money if I can't set my pins where I want(316fps)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts