Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently watched a tv show about hogs and the gentleman running the place was feeding his hogs with acorns right out of a bag like corn. Does anyone know where one might obtain these acorns in bulk?

·
I kill it to eat it !
3,169 Posts
acorns

my yard , a rake, and a wash tub.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have read that Acorns "turn sour" and that the deer especially like them just after they drop from the tree.

Not sure if you could tell if the acorns you buy might be not to the deer's liking.

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
I have read that Acorns "turn sour" and that the deer especially like them just after they drop from the tree.

Not sure if you could tell if the acorns you buy might be not to the deer's liking.
I'd imagine they would. They will eventually rot like everything else. I've eaten a few and they aren't very palateable for my liking!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I recently watched a tv show about hogs and the gentleman running the place was feeding his hogs with acorns right out of a bag like corn. Does anyone know where one might obtain these acorns in bulk?
You obviously don't have any oak trees on your property and I take it for granted that I do. Seriously, in good years we have so many acorns that the deer (or hogs) are hard to pattern. If your after hogs, corn, especially soured is hard to beat. But I guarantee that if you want to buy acorns there is someone out there that has some to sell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts