Archery Talk Forum banner

I have personally had a limb failure w/

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people have actually personally had an issue w/ a limb on a given bow? Not heard about, read about, ect... but personally had an issue.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Are you only looking for the most recent, or what... I've had limbs fail on several different brands...

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Javi.. I meant to make the poll so that you could pick various brands... but I think I neglected to check that box and don't know how to fix it.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
My alegience had a small splinter come off , no where near a failer , and I saw another in the shop in the same condition for repairs , were talking toothpick sized splinter .

·
Banned
910 Posts
i had a limb failure with a Bear wood limb compound bow back in the 80's. i had a Martin mag. riser failure also back in 80's both companies took care of it promptly, martin sent me a whole new bow.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have had 2 limb failures on my constitution. One was a long splinter that came off of the limb, the other was simply a crack in the limb.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Only ever had one limb failure of anykind on a 1998 Mathews Ultra Max..........and that was completely my fault. Left the bow in a black bow case in my truck bed (also black) on a very hot day for a 3 hr ride. Both limbs completely delaminated on the inside faces.

That's it for me.

·
Registered
183 Posts
had three sets of limbs on my darton mavrick

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
I guess I have been extremely lucky through the years because I have Never had any problems with limbs, risers or strings! Of course I shoot a wimpy weight of 55 pounds and heavy arrows.

Dick

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
I didn't vote because of multiple brand instances.

A Ben Person Recurve delaminated/broke and a Browning split limb bow delaminated.

Both of these happened in storage, thankfully why I was not shooting them.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I like how it shows the user name of the people voting. You cant really get away with lieing any more.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
You need to have the option to have more than one pick.

Went through several sets of PSE limbs back in '01.

Jennings Split T and a Dynabo limb back in the early 80s (those were purely my fault).

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
04 Bowtech Mighty Might VFT 70lb
Top limb cracked straight down the middle. Luckily I actually heard it cracking and let down and found the crack before it broke.

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
HCA 4 Runner Extreme . 2 sets that cracked all within a 1 month span , and the third set blew at full draw :mg: . Got a nice cut from the cam.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I've been shooting since 1986 and have had 23 different bows from 9 different companies and never had a major component bow failure of any kind. I did have a steel cable begin to unravel on a Browning but that was after over 4000 shots through the bow and had a string break on an Oneida.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts