Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting together my first. Is there any reason I can't put a switch on one of the leads (common or power) going to a ss2 board ? (3 wire hack on an s40).

Seems easy enough. Then it's ready to go with a flick of a switch or push of a button, without snapping pics of me carrying it around?

Thoughts, tips, pics, tricks welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
371 Posts
There's small slide switch on the board, center is off one way is trail mode and the other direction is feeder mode. If you go to the SSS website there is also a resistor you can remove and you could add a separate power switch if you'd like.

·
Made in the USA
696 Posts
The SSII is set up for this modification. There are two holes in the board for this. As JDH says, remove a small resistor, solder in two wires, add the toggle switch. Makes a great & user-friendly addition to your build.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, right in front of my face but couldn't see it. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to clarify, based on this Board pic, that little tiny square resistor comes off and the switch gets wired to the 2 holes?

Seems easy enough.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
hey Kuriga

Noticed your location was Lycoming Co... is that in upstate NY? If so, I was there as a boy, never seen the like of snow over night from lake effect! Literally several feet over night!!

·
Made in the USA
696 Posts
I took these pics during a build I was doing, thought it might help having a visual from a different perspective. Have fun building!
When it gets cold and your fingers are freezing from checking your cam, that little on-board switch feels like it disappears. :tongue:
Adding a larger toggle makes things a bit easier. :cool:

SSII_switch_mount.jpg

SSII_switch.jpg

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is that in upstate NY?
Nope, North Central PA. We get some of that lake effect if the winds are right, but very infrequently.

pdskal - thanks for the pics. That looks like I thought. You certainly have a clean looking build. Very nice.

·
USAF Retired
3,521 Posts
I use a push button external switch on mine, I can turn it off before unlocking the cable, then lock it to the tree before turning the camera on again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts