Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to ETAR yesterday and finally picked up one of Ron's (Lifecycle Gear) ILF risers. Had this beautiful spalted maple. I've been eyeing these up since he started producing them. He gave me his personal setup to shoot and try and I was sold.

Ron is a great guy and got me set up. Then had Emerald Archery whip me up some arrows and got to shooting.

Check Ron's stuff out at Home - LifeCycle Gear

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,771 Posts
Are those ILF limbs?

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Went to ETAR yesterday and finally picked up one of Ron's (Lifecycle Gear) ILF risers. Had this beautiful spalted maple. I've been eyeing these up since he started producing them. He gave me his personal setup to shoot and try and I was sold.

Ron is a great guy and got me set up. Then had Emerald Archery whip me up some arrows and got to shooting.

View attachment 7436919 View attachment 7436920 View attachment 7436921
That's literally a piece of art

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are those ILF limbs?
Yes. DAS bamboo core. I'm just starting to shoot recurve more often. Will probably look to upgrade the limbs later on. These are #45 @ 28".

·
Registered
None
916 Posts

Beautiful bow congratulations

·
Registered
25,556 Posts
The ILF system was really gaining in popularity when my draw shoulder decided with a "POP!" that my trad days were over. I look at all the cool combinations now available and wish you folks that can enjoy such simple pleasures the best. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sick! Cost???
The riser was $750. Limbs $150. Ron set it up with a string, nock, calf hair pad and silencers.

He had one other spalted Maple riser like this priced at $900. He had knocked $150 off the one I bought because of a slight cosmetic blemish. I probably wouldn't have even noticed it had he not shown me.

·
Can't keep em straight
1,947 Posts

That's a cool look, I've added them to favorites. A lot of stuff says sold though - are you supposed to contact them with what you'd like or just wait and get lucky?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's a cool look, I've added them to favorites. A lot of stuff says sold though - are you supposed to contact them with what you'd like or just wait and get lucky?
You can contact Ron with any questions. He's active in Instagram, too, if you have it. He'll be at ETAR until Sunday, so I'm sure he'll be getting to emails after.

He had probably 20 risers with him at ETAR. I'm sure they won't be all sold.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts