Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been testing different fletching for about 2 months now. vane tec, duravanes, quick spin and blazers. After i decided on the blazer vanes, i decided to add wraps when I re-fletched all of my arrows. My bow was dead on with the blazers before I added the wraps. When I shot the new set up today every shot was 1" high and 1-2" right. I was shooting indoors so there was no wind. Could the wraps be causing this or did I just have an off day shooting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought that I was at fault so I did not change my sights. I will try again tomorrow. thanx for the response

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
or possibly the lighting. Although when adding wraps you are making your arrows a little bit stiffer. Check your tune if it's ok just adjust your sight accordingly.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
i use to change my sights everytime I was consistantly shooting off but I realized 99% of the time it was my form, usually grip or anchor point, that was off, if you just change your sights everytime without finding the problem your going to be changing them a lot

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am of the same mind proskinnertts, so I did not touch my sights. I am relatively new to compound archery. Mostly all I had ever shot before this summer was recurve and longbow. Never even touched a bow with sights until July, so obviously I am at the rookie stage with the high tech stuff. I am learning a lot though.
Nino says I should "check my tune". I have no idea what that means. Can anyone please explain this for the new guy? thanx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts