Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth adding limb silencers and everything to my bow? I've tossed around putting string silencers and limb silencers on my bow for a while now. I'm a poor college student who's always pinching pennies, especially in this sport. Is it really worth tossing some silencers on my drenny? It's pretty quiet already, but quieter is always better. I'm not concerned about speed either. Lets hear some opinions.

· Registered
3,609 Posts
Quieter is better..............I use limb savers and cat whiskers. For a couple of bucks you can at least put cat whiskers on. It makes a difference, even with the mathews string suppressors. I'm shooting a mathew's outback, and it is really quiet with the limb saver..cat whisker..string suppressor combination. The cat whiskers are much more effective if you tie them on really tight with center serving.

· BOW ONLY!
2,592 Posts
I have limbsavers on my Dren. They make a difference even if it is slight. I also use silencers on my string and have a STS. I switched from whiskers to Bowjax here lately and they seem to work nicely.

· Registered
3,220 Posts
Is it worth adding limb silencers and everything to my bow? I've tossed around putting string silencers and limb silencers on my bow for a while now. I'm a poor college student who's always pinching pennies, especially in this sport. Is it really worth tossing some silencers on my drenny? It's pretty quiet already, but quieter is always better. I'm not concerned about speed either. Lets hear some opinions.
First off, your bow selection is great :thumb:. The Mathews Drenalin is an awsome bow, but what's up with your Avatar :confused:??? Anyway's all i've done with my Dren is put a limbsaver on both limbs. With string suppressors already on the bow, it was listed last year in one of the bow hunting magazines as the quietest bow on the market, as is :wink:. So if you feel the need to do more, at best all i'd do would be to add "cat whiskers" tied well and trimmed short, for that small star burst effect. Hope this helps, and please change that Avatar. :set1_rolf2:

· Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is there any benefit to the limb saver/string savers, or do cat whiskers actually work better? I'm not concerned about the 10 bucks or so, considering I've already spent a couple bucks on the setup. I just want the compounded silencing effects that will benefit me the best.

· Registered
3,220 Posts
is there any benefit to the limb saver/string savers, or do cat whiskers actually work better? I'm not concerned about the 10 bucks or so, considering I've already spent a couple bucks on the setup. I just want the compounded silencing effects that will benefit me the best.
Again, i'd just go with the cat whiskers. i've tried all the other string tamer systems and for me, the cat whiskers are quieter, cheaper and last longer. It helps to have someone that knows what there doing to tie them in, so they don't slide down the string. And keep them small, have them cut short to make that star burst effect i mentioned earlier. Good Luck!!

· Registered
631 Posts
I noticed a HUGE difference when I put limbsavers on my elite. I also use cat whiskers that I picked up for $.99 at Dicks. My 65# synergy sounds almost as quiet as my girlfriend's 40# Diamond Edge. Coming from another poor college student, I would say it is money well spent.

· Registered
1,503 Posts
Vibe Killer

If you do a search on AT for Cool Hand Luke you will find a product called the Vibe Killer. It's alot like an STS or the Fuse product but he sells them for $30 TYD. It one of the best items I've put on my bow. EVERYONE who has been with me when I've shot my bow has asked for one. Nothing has made my Bow Tech Tribute as quiet as this product.

You can see it in this pic I took with the bear I got a couple weeks ago. It's the item that appears to touching my string with the rubber stopper. It similar to the POS that rtgreen312 mentions but less expensive.

Attachments

· Registered
1,503 Posts

· Registered
25,353 Posts
u lwould at least put on limb dampeners. it can only help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.