Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to try adding weight directly to the riser and use my stabilizers more for controlling the balance of the bow than for adding mass weight. I haven't done this before. I see that the part that the limb bolts thread into is also threaded on the left and right of the riser. Can I screw threaded rod into each side of that on the lower limb and add weights there?

D

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
That is the limb bolt nut. Yes it is threaded but keep in mind you will be screwing that threaded rod against the limb bolt and may damage the threads of the bolt. I would not.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that earlier too. Probably a bad idea.

What if I just put a threaded rod through one of the holes in the riser, placed some rubber on each side to protect the riser finish, and tightened the weights against the riser? Would that hurt anything?

D

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
You could also use long nylon tipped set screws that would seat against the limb bolt which would 'lock' it in place plus provide the stud to put weights on.
Or use a shouldered bolt that would bottom on the riser before the threaded end reached the limb bolt.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could also use long nylon tipped set screws that would seat against the limb bolt which would 'lock' it in place plus provide the stud to put weights on.
Or use a shouldered bolt that would bottom on the riser before the threaded end reached the limb bolt.
I wonder if that set screw idea is what these threads are for in the first place? I was trying to understand why that part would be threaded at all, set screws to lock the limb bolts make sense.

D

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I put set screws in mine to lock it down on my target bow after finding out that YES they can move on their own.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
I bolted on my kick stand and what I did was screw it in gently until it seemed tight and then tested the limb bolt. The first couple of tries it was touching the limb bolt so I just ground it down a little until I was able to move the limb bolt easily after the stand was mounted. (if that makes sense)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bolted on my kick stand and what I did was screw it in gently until it seemed tight and then tested the limb bolt. The first couple of tries it was touching the limb bolt so I just ground it down a little until I was able to move the limb bolt easily after the stand was mounted. (if that makes sense)
Very cool, thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts