Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had one of my limbsavers detach the other day and although i found them and put them back i am worried that the adhesion may not be as strong as before..does anyone know of a strong enough adhesive that can be used on these but will not mar the limb finish in case i want to take them off?...any replies would be appreciated....

·
Registered
993 Posts
Goop

I would think that something like Goop would work just fine.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is goop?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what is goop and where can i get it?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would not use goop. Goto your local hardware store or craft store and get the "best" double sided tape you can find. Ought to work just fine. Remember to clean the surfaces that you are attaching too. Another great source is the automotive store - ask for double sided molding tape.

·
Registered
963 Posts
toxoman said:
...Another great source is the automotive store - ask for double sided molding tape.
I second the automotive body side molding tape. That stuff STICKS!. Just make sure you clean both surfaces to be joined with 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. You can get it at any pharmacy and the label is clearly marked. According to the Easton Axis arrow commercial that plays CONSTANTLY at my local indoor range, the 71% alcohol can contain some oils, etc, that can prevent adhesion. (My daughter can repeat the whole script from memory, we've heard it so much)

·
Registered
524 Posts
I don't know if you have a Radio Shack or Ace Hardware Store in the Philippines???..... but look for the double adhesive "supermount" tape made by 3M Products. I also use this for mounting my stick on rest, it's super strong and quite easy to remove (if need be).

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
many thanks for the replies guys!!! and yes we have radioshack and ace hardware here!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts