Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, I am new to archery and to this forum. Learning to shoot recurve by myself from YouTube. I ordered some 6.5 Easton bow hunter arrows from eBay . They came with nock at a different angle than I am used to. Basically, I can’t nock it on my bow with the odd color fletching pointing out. I tried rotating the nocks to the right angle but it feels like it is glued on there. 1) how do I turn the nocks? 2) can I just shoot with the fletches misaligned? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

SOLVED: Dip your nocks in acetone/isopropyl alchohol, wait for 5 minutes pull them out with pliers and reinsert in the orientation you want.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I shoot the same arrows and you can index the nocks. This could be some bad advice, but I’ve always just clipped the nock onto the center serving and twisted for vane orientation. Post this in the traditional archery section and you’ll get a much better response.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I shoot the same arrows and you can index the nocks. This could be some bad advice, but I’ve always just clipped the nock onto the center serving and twisted for vane orientation. Post this in the traditional archery section and you’ll get a much better response.
i've done the same. You can also buy nock pliers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

i've done the same. You can also buy nock pliers.
Thanks! I guess i was afraid to break it. I dipped it in some hot water and used a coin to rotate and it worked!

Op, your rest is stuck on incorrectly also
Yikes. No wonder they keep breaking. Do you have a picture on how to stick them? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CK6563F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I have these, left handed version. (in my picture, the top plastic bit is broken) Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
also would be a good idea to get feather fletched arrows or something with trad vanes. deflections going to be bad with stiff plastic vanes
Yes. Those vanes are not really traditional friendly
Do you guys recommend any arrows for a 35# samick sage?(plan to upgrade to #40 at some point) links?
Thanks!

·
Is that a cookie?
5,105 Posts
From the right-side-up photo, I think the rest needs to be rotated 90 degrees right. The arrow should lay on top of the edge of the rest and the small fin should be vertical and is what keeps the arrow away from the base of the rest. Supposed to anyway. Having said that, without a clicker or stop at the end of the rest, there isn't anything to hold the arrow on the rest, so your solution is quite clever. If the plastic rest is flexible enough, it might move out of the way enough to not snag your vanes.

Personally, I would recommend a Hoyt Super Rest or Hunter Rest. Both come in LH models.
Check them out: Hoyt Hunter Rest Hoyt Super Rest

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
What made you select those arrows? The 6.5 isn't made in a spine for that bow. You should be shooting a 600 or 700 spine arrow depending on point weight. Look into some Gold Tip Warriors, they are available with feathers. A 600 with 150 or 175 grain point will work now, and you can drop to a 125 grain point if you go up to 40 lbs with the same arrows.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I shoot the 6.5 Easton I’ve noticed the knocks have a super tight fit. I had to take pliers and pull pretty around to get mine out
The microlite nocks seem super flimsy, I am afraid to twist it with pliers. Did you pull it so you can put in a new one? What kind?

What made you select those arrows? The 6.5 isn't made in a spine for that bow. You should be shooting a 600 or 700 spine arrow depending on point weight. Look into some Gold Tip Warriors, they are available with feathers. A 600 with 150 or 175 grain point will work now, and you can drop to a 125 grain point if you go up to 40 lbs with the same arrows.
The sizing chart said for 35# 500 was fine. Thanks I will look at the Gold tip arrows.
You mean like someone already mentioned in post #12? (y)
Sure do, but the op seems to think a sticky rest with 4 sides can only go on one direction 😉
Thank you guys. I switched the arrow rest. Is this the right position? Lucky I bought a 12 pack of these :)
I tried some shots with this, but my accuracy has gone downhill. I think my previous (wrong) way might have given me better stability. What do you think?
Bicycle part Automotive tire Tire Material property Wood

1 - 20 of 31 Posts