Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bro in Law is looking for a climber that you can "fine tune the tilt" once you up to the hight you want to be at. I know I have seen adds for them but I can't find it now. I believe they have something like star adjuster or something like that buildt into the frame so you can level out your seat. Would someone point me in the correct derection.Has anyone used one how do you like it ect. Thanks

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I think the one u are talking about is made by Timber Tall tree stands.
www.timbertalloutdoors.com should get u their website.

I have never used the stand but like the idea.

Hope this helps,

J-

·
Registered
593 Posts
I just bought the equalizer adjustable treestand a couple of weeks ago. So far, I have just tried it out on a tree in the yard, but I think it's really going to be the cat's meow. Well constructed, quiet, and simple. Weighs 20lbs. I put different padded carrying straps on mine because the manufacturers' was noisy, but other than that, really nice.

I tried one of the timbertall stands. Did not have a good experience. Stand weighed more than advertised, the cables were difficult to get in place, and the welds were not of the quality that I expect on a treestand costing that much.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I've got an equalizer. do a search on google for them. they have a good video that shows the difference between them and some other companies. only issue I have found (and it really isn't one if you don't mind) is the seat. I have to have a very plush seat. the one that comes on the stand is ok, but I put a summit seat on it and that is just great. this is my second season with it and I really like it. if your brother in law does buy one, tell him to check around for prices. I paid 220 (not really, traded a shotgun to the sports shop for it) and the guys at the harrisburg show FROM equalizer wanted nearly a hundred more for it.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
I use a Lone Wolf hand climber and you can adjust it in the tree if you are carefull. I always hope to not have too, but sometimes it's unavoidable. Once you get the hang of it it's not too bad, just make sure the top and bottom section are tied together! :eek:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

Hers one on me:darkbeer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts