Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting an adjustable sight, these are the ones that made the short list;

Spot Hogg Hogg Father
Axcel Accutouch
HHA Kingpin

Has anyone had one, two or all three of these that can give me some pros, cons, and suggest which would be best?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not exactly what you’re looking for, but I love my MBG Ascent Verdict. I had a spot Hogg, this is lighter, much brighter, and cheaper still with awesome build quality. All are good options though.

·
Hunter of many things
12,155 Posts
Never tried the hogg father, and i just sold an hha kingpin, great sight real bright but the dial on the rh side of the riser i didnt like. The axcel was ok, didnt really like it. So for now im keeping my cbe but making a couple changes to improve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like my CBE, but the pins just aren't bright enough.

·
Registered
24,102 Posts
CBE Tek Hybrid Pro.....plenty bright outdoors where I typically use it. Inside I have the option of using the included rheostat light, if so desired. Well built, solid and dependable.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CBE Tek Hybrid Pro.....plenty bright outdoors where I typically use it. Inside I have the option of using the included rheostat light, if so desired. Well built, solid and dependable.
That's the one I had, not bright enough in early morning or late evening. Missed out on a nice bull elk because I couldn't see my pins, put it up for sale the following day.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a multi pin Spott Hogg Fast Eddie XL, easy to use, bright pins, quiet. It is heavy though and I know the Hogg Father is heavier. The 2017 MRT rings are very nice for consistency!

·
Hunter of many things
12,155 Posts
That's the one I had, not bright enough in early morning or late evening. Missed out on a nice bull elk because I couldn't see my pins, put it up for sale the following day.
Are you not able to use a light?

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you not able to use a light?
I am, I just prefer not to. Lights need batteries and that's just one more thing I'd rather not have to worry about so I'd rather have a sight where I won't need a light during legal shooting hours.

·
Is it beer:30 yet??
6,415 Posts
The Kingpin will be the one you want for pin brightness of the 3 you mentioned, but if you are open to other options, you may want to look back into the newer CBE Tek sights (if you liked the features on your old one). The pins are much brighter on the newer(2016 or 2017) Teks. Now they are not as bright as the Kingpin, I'll be honest about that right off the bat, but they are very bright outside(with no halo effect), and look great inside while using the provided light. I had both a Kingpin and a newer Tek Hybrid Pro at the same time a few months ago, and now I have 2 Teks. Both are as solid of a sight as you will find on the market, but the area where the Tek really shined over the Kingpin for me, was the weight. The Tek is much lighter, and made a big difference for this guy who refuses to use a side/back bar on his hunting bows.

On another note......The MBG single pin might be a great option for you too. Not as many features, but super solid, BRIGHT pins, and not as heavy as the KP. Different strokes for different folks. Hope you find what you are looking for!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
i have a MBG. its pretty tough, and relatively affordable. even with a .010 pin, its crazy bright.
i have also had to use their warranty service, it was no questions asked and a quick turn around.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have the Option 4 sight. I had the Spot Hogg fast Eddie previously. The option sight is will built and has a pretty cool design. It has one movable pin and 3 fixed pins that fold out of the way. You don't have to worry about your anchor changing slightly, since the single pin slides instead of the sight housing....
a.PNG b.PNG

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
Kingpin, brightest sight pins, only need the .010" and the rheostat to control all that brightness. No batteries or wires. I like the interchangeable wheel system because I am always changing bows and arrows or poundage testing out things. I like the magnifier. You can change from a TE dovetail to the hunter mount. Third axis built in. I add a sunshade and a 4x lens. Very tight and repeatable and great CS and warranty.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I run with the MBG Ascent. Haven't found anything better. Dumped the spot hogg for it.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,122 Posts
Axcel. Just pick the one that suits your needs.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I love my Hogg father for all around, 3d hunting and some spots
for pure spots, it would be a SHIBUYA ULTIMA carbon 365 hands down

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
ps.
the Spot Hogg Father also give micro adjust for spots, which is huge if you want one size fits all sight.
and for hunting and 3d dead silent rapid moment. +++ it is a tank very tough sight.

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
Have owned all the ones you mentioned.
King Pin would be my choice. Tough as nails, great brightness adjustability, changing sight tapes with the use of extra wheels is great. Really can’t go wrong and I don’t even think about going back to all the other sights I have owned and there has been many

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 43 Posts