Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st, I'm not sure this is the right place for this question, if not, help me out.I have a bow that I like a lot but the draw length is 1-1/2" too long. (I'm learning as I go) I have been told that I can buy a new "draw Mod" that will take care of the problem. Will I need a new string also and will this take care of my problem? Yeah, Yeah, I know a new bow would be one option, but I'd really like to keep this one. All expert advice wecome. All others too.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I agree, once we know what bow you have we can help. Also if a draw module will cover it, you will most likely not need a new string (unless yours is worn and needs replacing).

tell us more so we can help

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bow is an '05 Renegade SBD, 50-60 lb limbs set about 58 Draw length says 28-29 now and the mod is set for the shorter of the two. I tried experimenting with different releases but I really like the truball that I have, but to hit the "back wall" to hold at full draw the easiest, my trigger finger is nearly to my ear.Got an e-mail fromt a sales rep this morning:mg: he said the mod is what I need and wants a CC # ASAP :no:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Draw

You can try putting a shorter string on to shorten the draw but that will decrease the poundage, but the strings are cheap. Have you tryed to contact the MFG to see if they have a Mod for it they are in Chippwa Falls,WI.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
First be careful who you give your cc# to! Find out from the mfg if they have them and the dealer that might have one in stock and call the dealer on it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I agree,,find a renegade dealer and go from there. If they don`t have 1 and you can find out the module number you could look here on the classifieds and maybe post a WTB for one,,may find one at half the price.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have just developed a release that will lengthen your DL and keep the same anchor point It might help. check it out under manufactures and press releases.
any questions you can PM me.

Ric

·
Lowered expectations
17,102 Posts
You will need the module to change the DL. You could put on a much shorter string, but that would greatly reduce the draw weight and the letoff.

Some of the Renegades used a very common module that was also used with other cams by Parker and Bear, and you might be able to pick one up really inexpensively.

Does your current module have any markings on it? Something like SEH or SFH?

(Oh, and no, this isn't the right place for this question, by the way :lol:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts