Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
m trying to set my U.E. xt 3000,cam .5+ draw length between 28.5 and 29, have set it currently to 28.5 and untwisted string by 3 turns, i still require a little more length but doing this makes less than 1 turn per inch on the string, is this advisable? Secondly if i twist bus cable to gain draw length, timing is off and twisting the control cable again will nullify the increment, m i correct? thirdly setting it at 29 and twisting string to get it corect is decreasing let off, help?:cry:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'd do it right and spend the little extra $ on the proper moduals

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
And they make modules to go 28.75" DL ???

On a serious note your will proably be better going to the 29" mod slot and twisting the string up.

·
Registered
34,167 Posts
He has the proper modules.....

You just need to twist the cables up and then twist the string back down to get it dialed in......

Yes twisting the buss will change the timing but twisting the control will fix it as you said....but they won't cancel each other out as far as gaining draw length. :wink:

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Ditto what the Hornet said. Set to 28.5" and then twist both cables and equal amount until you get the draw length you want. Then play with a twist or two to get the cam timing back to where you want it, if it changed. At least that's what the folks at Hoyt suggest when needing a draw that is between settings. In many cases the draw feels a little better with the cam over-rotated (i.e. twist the cables to draw length) rather than under-rotated (twist string to get to draw length), or at least that's been my experience.

>>------>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts