Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i want to decrease the DW from 60# to 55# i will back off the limb bolts a bit. Question is if the timing etc was all correct for 60# (on 60# limbs) will this affect timing ATA and DL etc do i have to re tune. Will it affect the QAD HDX rest as well ?

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,604 Posts
It won't impact ATA and DL. You may have to retune depending on the arrows you are shooting.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was under the impression that if you reduced the pretension (hence DW) in the limbs the ATA would increase and hence affect the DL, but i dont know this which is why i am asking :)

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,604 Posts
Well, technically it will impact ATA and DL but it is by such a SMALL fraction that you, or anyone else, will ever notice. I have actually dropped my draw weight at a 3D shoot and had no impact on anything.

There are some bows where dropping 5lbs will really mess with those but Elite is not on that list.

·
SMOKE-N-FINN
1,228 Posts
Backing off 5 # wont do enough to worry about, other than sight adjustment, I dropped mine down in the middle of season last year and I dont think I even had to move the sight for 30 or under.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts