Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ,

I always see a few guys who have 60 lb limbs and they are adjusted a few pounds over that like 63 lbs.
I am sure the manufacturer has stress tested limbs beyond their rating but is it safe to do this ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
17,216 Posts
a few pounds isn't going to hurt anthing but trying to make a 60# DW into 70# would be asking for trouble.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
a few pounds isn't going to hurt anything but trying to make a 60# DW into 70# would be asking for trouble.
Yup, totally agree most manufacturers will say it's fine to max out the limbs. (turn the bolts all the way in)

·
Registered
17,216 Posts
If you want to get the "proper" max weight, if you have access to a press, max it out--> test the weight--> if it's too high then take out 2 turns from the buss cable....test the weight again. Keep testing the weight and twisting/untwisting the buss cable until the weight is spot on. The you'll start your tuning process from there...twisting up the control cable as necessary to get sync correct.

·
8,290 Posts
most bows will max a few lbs over their stated weight with new strings. IE: look at my sig. its a 60lb bow that maxes at about 62.5lbs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts