Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Livin' in a van....
8,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new set of bowstrings for my admiral. I can't get it to set up right. I got them on and the dw was so great I couldn't even pull it. I'm guessing I strung it wrong.

can some bowtech guy PM me their phone # and I'll call ya tonight to walk me through this?

Thanks!

9,027 Posts
Cables

I own the Captain. Sounds as though you strung one or both of the cables wrong. On the cables you need to wrap from the string side of the cam around to the riser side...I hope I said that correctly. If you do not then you will not be able to draw the bow at all. Think of the direction the cam is supposed to turn from the outermost part of the cam to you. Well, think of the cable the same way. Hope this helps. Someone else chime in and help explain this.

·
Livin' in a van....
8,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the posts on the cables wrapped around the center hub are not as close to 360 degrees as they were before. They're more like 270 or so. before, the cable almost did a full loop and nearly touched the post.

also, would it make a difference if I have the wrong cables on the wrong parts? or are the 2 cables pretty much interchangable?

·
Livin' in a van....
8,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here's a pic of the top cam. The cam doesn't seem to be fully rotated. Not sure what i'm doing wrong. Someone please help me out

Attachments

·
Livin' in a van....
8,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I own the Captain. Sounds as though you strung one or both of the cables wrong. On the cables you need to wrap from the string side of the cam around to the riser side...I hope I said that correctly. If you do not then you will not be able to draw the bow at all. Think of the direction the cam is supposed to turn from the outermost part of the cam to you. Well, think of the cable the same way. Hope this helps. Someone else chime in and help explain this.

Ding Ding Ding!!! The light finally went off! I was going counter clockwise around the axle, switched it to clockwise and we're in business! Thanks Frederick!!!

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
Your cable is going the wrong way around the axle

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
I posted that the same time as you. Good to see ya got it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have been in your shoes before. You have the cable routed the wrong way.

See pic for the correct way to run the cable.

admiral%20top%20cam.jpg

·
Livin' in a van....
8,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha, and here I was waiting for so long to get an answer and as soon as I did, everyone else pitched it in. Thanks guys. Love that little bow!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
What kind of strings did you put on it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts