Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you who have shot them. Did you notice this? those that own one do you have that same problem and how did you correct it?

· Registered
495 Posts
Shot it and yes it did have a little felt vibration and tuning fork sound but not much. What I didn't like was the were the limbs attached to the riser. Just not much there. I bet som limbsaver 1quads would help the vibration though.

· Registered
9,862 Posts
I shot the new bows on Saturday and didn't notice any vibration but did notice a slight "slapping" sound and I thought it was coming from the stopper material. I think it's too hard and a softer compound is needed. When mine comes in, I'll be changing it to something softer. I might just use a belt sander and sand off the original material and super glue on a piece of Limb Saver material:wink: I'd bet that will cure any noise or vibration the Admiral might have.

· Banned
204 Posts
I have one, its all rigged out. I have it set up with a spot-hogg hunter hog-it sight, limbdriver rest, paradox sling, octane stabilizer, G5 peed, d-loop, and also have string leeches on the string and it is still there. it seems like something that starts in the limbs, resonates to the riser and continues up, right to the hand in the middle and that is where naturally you feel it. epower100 is setting up the captain as we speak, and it has the same issue, so he is going to see what can be done to eliminate this.

the material in the string stopper seems rahter soft to me, as soft as that on duravanes string tamer.

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I talked to a guy that was trained by bowtech at JT Archery here in MN, he said that he has one and it does not have any noise or vibration to it. and he doesnt have any leeches or anything like that in the string. so he told me that if i wanted to i could bring it in and he will check it out. The place i got it from told me thats just the way they are. and i shot one at sportsmans wearhouse and that was dead in hand and dead silent. so there must be something wrong.

· Registered
2,906 Posts
My Captain is the same way. The noise from the string stopper is driving me nuts so WWAG if you change it let me know. The vib is more then the general
I am going to add cat whiskers

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got it taken care of. there is a little vibration but no hand shock. I was to that the vibration is because the cams are so much more aggressive than what the general has. my Admiral is 35 fps. faster than my general too, the guy told me to get rid of the vibration the best bet is to add limbsavers or something to the riser to get rid of the viberation. As for string noise i will find out see how much it has tomorrow when i can shoot it outside when its quieter. but with faster bows there will be more string noise. but catwiskers are the ticket if you have string noise or the suppressor might bit out of tune a bit.

The problems i was having before was because the pro-shop set it up wrong,

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha thats funny. I mentioned that to the guy who set it up right. he said that there had to be alot of side pressure on the rollers when it was set up like that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.