Archery Talk Forum banner

Admiral vs Commander

1004 7
I am looking hard at jumping over from Mathews for a faster bow, and for a new more qualified pro shop.
What kind of speed can I get out of a 27.5 Admiral set at 70#, not sure the weight of my arrow I think around 350(it is a 27 inch gold tip xt with a 100 grain head, shooting blazers and wraps). Could someone please tell me what speed I could expect I can only mustar 274 out of my Drenalin now. Also, what is the difference between the two stated bows(Admiral and Commander). Thanks guys these bows look sweet!!!:darkbeer::darkbeer:
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7,625 Posts
The main differences are the ata. other than that they are very similar. the admiral is very light and feels better in your hand. the downside to its compactness is the hump at the end of the draw. its better than the general but not a whole lot. the captain holds very well drawn and seems to be really stable. it would make a great 3d/hunting bow that could go back and fourth and you wouldnt sacrifice alot for either. the admiral is perfect for hunting but a little bit on the short side for 3d. other than that, go to bowtechs website and look at the specs listed about the two.

· Registered
580 Posts
idk what drockw is saying about that hump on the admiral. Its WAAAAYYYY better than the general. i own both and there isnt a hump on the admiral. I have a 28" draw with 273gr arrow and im getting right around 300. I've been talking to some dealers and they have been playing with them a little and getting way better than IBO out of them. The captain is pretty much the same bow just a little longer ata and a little heavier. Both great bows. But i have been told that the Iceman is 1db quieter than the general and as fast as the admiral. Its suppose to be the bow that mathews guys are going to love. even tho its a bowtech;)

· Registered
580 Posts
yeah idk. but maybe going from the cliff the general had, to the admiral, it may just be a slite hump and i dont even notice it and yes the captain is smoother not much but it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.