Archery Talk Forum banner

Admiral VS Guardian

1389 Views 7 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  dpops211
For those of you that have shot both of these bows what were you thoughts as to what was better?

I love my guardian, about the only thing i dont like about my guardian is the draw cycle is very stiff. Is the admiral any "less stiff" on the draw? Both bows should be approximately the same speed, but does one hold an edge over the other? I hear the admiral is lighter, but does it hold on the target as well as the guardian?

I realize the guardian vs the captain is a better comparison, but i like the little bit longer brace height on the admiral over the captain.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,289 Posts
I had a Guardian, and now have an Admiral. They both have what I consider a stiff draw, the Admiral may be slightly better. But the Admiral definitely has a better/adjustable valley, back wall, and let-off IMO.

· Registered
3,243 Posts
I thought the Admiral was more agressive in the early draw cycle, but had an advantage of an adjustable wall. The shorter ATA of the Admiral can cause some extreme string angles for longer shooters. The Captain has a significantly smoother draw cycle than the Admiral and compares more equally to the Guardian. Its personal choice, based on what feels best for you and what you are most confident in.

Best of luck and good shootin'.

· Registered
880 Posts
comparison

I had an Admiral for a while this year. I enjoyed shooting it, but just never could shoot it as well as my Guardian. I found that every time I headed for the woods, I left the Admiral hanging on the wall and took the Guardian. If you let me shoot both bows blindfolded, I would pick the Admiral every time. It is smoother, a little easier drawing, and has much better let-off. I've never been a big fan of short ATA bows, but I liked the Amiral enough to give it a try anyway. Just my $0.02.

· Patriot
5,055 Posts
I agree. The Admiral ramps up quicker than the Guardian. The Guardian's draw stacks up towards the rear of the draw and feels to me to have a sharper drop into the valley than the Admiral.
I thought the Admiral was more agressive in the early draw cycle, but had an advantage of an adjustable wall. The shorter ATA of the Admiral can cause some extreme string angles for longer shooters. The Captain has a significantly smoother draw cycle than the Admiral and compares more equally to the Guardian. Its personal choice, based on what feels best for you and what you are most confident in.

Best of luck and good shootin'.

· Registered
2,143 Posts
I had a Guardian last year and just bought an Admiral. I prefer the draw on the Admiral and also like the adjutability of the letoff and valley. I seem to shoot the Admiral better but being a short draw length ( 26.5") the shorter ATA may be better suited than for longer draw shooters.

· Registered
1,220 Posts
I went bow shoppin last week and narrowed my choices down to the admiral and guardian. I think the guardian has an overall smoother draw cycle. The only thing I liked better about the admiral was the bigger valley but the shorter valley on the guardian will just help me not to creep. Both bows hold on target really well and the guardian was noticably heavier, but long story short, I have a guardian on it's way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.