Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Martin Jaguar with a rubber grip. I was wondering if I should change it to a wooden grip or if one is even available. Or is the rubber the way to go?

Where would I look for replacement grips?

Thanks
Bill

·
Find the arrow, dumb dog.
1,279 Posts
Grips

ttt

same question on a new 05 Saber - the rubber back of the grip has failed and never cared for the "stickyness" of it anywat?? Anyone offering new/less angle grips for the Martin Bows??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I believe all Martin grips are the same standard size, with the exception, I think, of the Shadowcat. I have a Razor-X SE that I just converted to a Magnum that started with a rubber grip. I very carefully removed it and got almost all of the adhesive off, but I didn't use any chemicals because of the camo finish. Then, I just screwed on a set of wooden grips that I had from a Scepter II, and they fit just fine. I just never liked the rubber grip.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
martineer said:
I believe all Martin grips are the same standard size, with the exception, I think, of the Shadowcat. I have a Razor-X SE that I just converted to a Magnum that started with a rubber grip. I very carefully removed it and got almost all of the adhesive off, but I didn't use any chemicals because of the camo finish. Then, I just screwed on a set of wooden grips that I had from a Scepter II, and they fit just fine. I just never liked the rubber grip.
What he said...
You don't even need to use the wooden side plates, they don't make a big difference, shoot from the metal.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Martin grips are pretty much all the same like they are saying. Except for the shadowcat. now you can take the rubber off and shoot off the riser, you can put sideplate grips in (you're still shooting off of the riser) OR you can get custom grips if you want to match colors or if you want a 1 piece grip to fit your hand.... Stock grips are all the same though, wooden side plates (except the shadowcat).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.