Archery Talk Forum banner

Advice needed: Stabilizers for Light Bows

724 views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  duckmaster46975 
#1 ·
OK.. need some help here. I have a Z28 which is a light bow and use a simms s-coil for hunting, and hunting is my primary interest. Yesterday, I was in a 3D shoot in heavy winds and was blown all over the place. At times, holding on target was pretty rough.

In looking around at the other guys setups, they had a whole myriad of stabs, and it got me wondering. Except for beating my buddies for bragging rights, I really have no interest in being a competitive shooter and will stick with hunter class.

What stabilizer would you guys recommend? I think Hunter Class has a 12" limit.

#2 ·
For mostly hunting I love my B-Stinger 8.5" 11oz with a QD. It will stabilize a light bow very well. Great for a hunting set-up!

#5 ·
lol.. yea... i was there. wish i was wearing some lead boots...

aim at the target... "HEY.. where did that tree come from.. OH.. theres the target.. " it was wicked, particularly around the pond. one issue was i mounted a new sight the day before and tried to sight in before the shoot. dont know if i learned much... had a blast though.. great time with my buddies..

#4 ·
Another B-Stinger vote

B-Stinger my friend. :thumbs_up

For Hunter class, any weight on a 12" B-Stinger will blow the rest away. The heavier the better.

It is unmatched for stabilization and the thin profile of the weight at the end will cut the wind and also hold your bow rock steady at full draw.

The weights are also interchangeable, so you can "customize" your setup any way you'd like. :darkbeer:

#8 · (Edited)
Take a look at...

Xtreme Stabilization!! Check the stabilizer forum here on AT, look for "Extreme Stabilization" thread, Mark builds some very nice custom lengths and weights. It's worth a look before you order...Mark was shooting Postens and B-Stingers, and wanted something better, so he started making his own. Here's a link...
lhttp://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=836782ink...

#14 ·
B-Stinger

Call Blair, great customer service and he'll take the time to explain everything, but I would recommend getting the 12" with either an 11 or 14oz. weight, I have the new Mathews Hyperlite and tried the 8.5 " with a disconnect and I am now shooting a 12". What a difference!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.