Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for hunting. i am wanting to try a release like the truball or something but dont know where to start. any advice. or should i stay with a normal strap type?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I went from a wrist release to a t-handle this past year. I currently shoot a Tru-ball pro-diamond extreme. My next release will be a three finger as I think it will be more comfortable for me. Try some before you buy if at all possible.

·
Registered
17,786 Posts
i shoot a tru ball ultra xtreme with a talon head and love it,however tru ball has a new smaller sized caliper head on there hand helds with a new handle and its bad azz.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I shot a Scott Mongoose then went to a Tru Ball pro Diamond Extreme great release.Killed a couple of deer with it.Now I am back to a Tru Ball Short an Sweet S2.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Having tried most of the t handle releases I choose the Tru Fire 3d Hunter.

Once you adjust it its the best release going imo. The factory suggests you adjust it btw and its done easily with a allen wrench.

You can shoot it back tension, thumb pressure or with your thumb and pinky combo(my favorite).
Plus, its only 79.00.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'm wanting to do the same thing, loose the the wrist strap. My issue is that my local shops only carry wrist strap type releases. I'll have to order one and hope I like it. Not sure about a thumb trigger after shooting with an index release for so many years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts