Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello experienced Ladies and Gents.,

I was wondering if you guys could help recommend a make/brand and model for someone who is wanting to get into target archery - I have yet to pick up a bow.
I'm not sure what you need to know about me except that I'm a 5'3" female. I'm not sure as to what my Draw weight or length is yet; I
intend to go get measured/fitted in about a week or so at a local archery shop. As far as price goes, I don't mind spending money on a
quality riser and set of limbs that'll last. Aesthetically, I'm drawn to Hoyt risers; however I do know not all of them are ILF-limb compatible (correct me if I'm wrong - seriously).

So, yeah, recommendations on brands, set-ups, and anything else you think I should know is MUCH appreciated.
Oh, and please excuse my ignorance when it comes to archery. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Sounds like you want ILF Oly info. I'd suggest you check out the FITTA, NAA, collegiate competition forum.
Check out the sticky up top by DChan and ask your questions providing as much of the info asked for in the sticky as you can.
Best of luck in your archery endeavor.

·
(aka lug nut)
47,415 Posts
Hello experienced Ladies and Gents.,

I was wondering if you guys could help recommend a make/brand and model for someone who is wanting to get into target archery - I have yet to pick up a bow.
I'm not sure what you need to know about me except that I'm a 5'3" female. I'm not sure as to what my Draw weight or length is yet; I
intend to go get measured/fitted in about a week or so at a local archery shop. As far as price goes, I don't mind spending money on a
quality riser and set of limbs that'll last. Aesthetically, I'm drawn to Hoyt risers; however I do know not all of them are ILF-limb compatible (correct me if I'm wrong - seriously).

So, yeah, recommendations on brands, set-ups, and anything else you think I should know is MUCH appreciated.
Oh, and please excuse my ignorance when it comes to archery. Thanks in advance!
I recommend you find a place that teaches only recurve archery.
Compound shooting and recurve is vastly different.

Trad recurve and Olympic style recurve are again VASTLY different.

Since you are leaning towards ILF bows
find a recurve coach who teaches ILF recurve archery.

Find out where the closest JOAD program is located...junior Olympic.
READ as much as you can.

Sebastien Flute Premium riser is excellent
especially the grip because it is well suited for smaller hands.

Medium quality plunger.
do not purchase arrows until you see a recurve coach.

99% of my students are sold the wrong stiff arrows and end up purchasing twice.
99% of my recurve students were never told about bareshaft tuning to confirm arrow size and stiffness.

Some are sold an Oly ILF bow....and not even told about a plunger.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts