Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See below results of my BS shooting. Have shot several groups and get this result most every time. 20 yards. Shooting a Mathews VXR 31.5, right handed bow. Arrow rest is very close to center and arrow is very close to 90 degrees (horizon) to string. I have moved the rest left a bit but the BS windage displacement (about 4") doesn't go away. Vertical displacement is about 3", and I would like to make that go away too. Cams appear to be hitting draw stops at about the same time and back wall is hard. Question: is this something I can clear up with rest movement, or must I buy top hats? If I buy top hats, I assume I am moving both cams to the right? Any advice appreciated...THANKS

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
It's not off to bad. I would shim the top cam to the right a little and it should be perfect. I had this exact same thing the other day. First I would put the rest back at 13/16 then move the cam. I don't think you'll need to shim both cams but you may.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Shimming cams is a good idea for the horizontal flight. Another option is to play with DL. If you're a right handed shooter, this may get better by lengthening your DL a bit.
For vertical flight. Try advancing your top cam, your cans will be out of sync, but the BS flight will improve.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shimming cams is a good idea for the horizontal flight. Another option is to play with DL. If you're a right handed shooter, this may get better by lengthening your DL a bit.
For vertical flight. Try advancing your top cam, your cans will be out of sync, but the BS flight will improve.
Vertical flight: So, to advance top cam, I should take a twist or two out of the top bus cable (the front-most cable that rotates around the cam during draw cycle)?

Thanks for input.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hard to say without knowing the bow, even then, I look at the bow to figure out what's going to rotate the top cam a little more at brace. You want to twist the cable that rotates the top cam clockwise at brace. Try 1 full twist then draw, if top stop hits before bottom, you got the right canoe, if not, undo and twist the other cable.

·
Registered
904 Posts
The first thing you might do is wrap the shaft with tape at the point of the fletching ,and about the length of the fletching matching the weight. I have seen it make some difference before. Sometimes it does not make that much difference, but I always do it now, just makes sense to match the weight. Could possibly be a slight spine issue too. The fletching dampens some of the oscillation of the arrow on takeoff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts