Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...
I'll soon get my new-to-me bow delivered and I'll start the process of getting it equipped with a stabilizer, sights, release, arrows, etc. So, I turn to the masses for advice on what to get on a (fairly) narrow budget. Let me also say that I'm new to the game; I don't mind paying $200 for an "all world" fall away rest, but do I NEED to?
Thanks in advance for the responses.

·
Registered
511 Posts
You can get a limbdriver for depending on what the shops around you charge 80 - 110 bucks

·
Registered
783 Posts
first off no you don't need an expensive rest. you would do great with a trophy taker (tho original one) fall away runs about $50ish or another brand around that price and you can get a limb saver stabilizer under $30 and i wouldn't go cheap on a sight. go all out. i recommend spot hogg. and with some arrows you will be shooting some good stuff.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I look at it a little differently. For the most part I believe you get what you pay for.

That being said, I would be willing to spend a little more on a rest and arrows since they are some of the determinig factors in accuracy.

As far as rests, I like the QAD fallaways as good as any. I am more of a competition shooter than a hunter so I like a static rest more than a fallaway. I do have a Trap Door on my hunting bow though.

When you buy your arrows, make sure you get the correct spine for the setup you will have. That will go a long way towards accuracy.

Sights, I have a Spot-Hogg Hogg-It on my hunting rig and it is a GREAT sight but my next one will be the AXCEL Armourtech. AWESOME sight. Those are both expensive sights. Our local shop sell a TON of a one pin rear movable sight. It's not HHA but is the same concept. It's less than $100 and works really well. Bright pin and seems to be easy to setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.