Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bonehunter
8,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some research on quality sights, but could use some help before I dump $400 on one.

Shooting about 280 fps, for target and backyard 3d. Also, could use help with which type of scope....no lens.

I'm looking at the big boy's;

CBE
Axcel
Toxonics
Sure loc

Which brand and model do you like ? Thanks in advance :)

·
Shooter of flesh
7,660 Posts
Quad Lite Target Click.

·
>>>--Shoot Em' Up---->
19,494 Posts
I use a Axcel 3000 with Extreme Scope and LP Light System here. For the money it's the best I've ever used. The others you listed are fine sights too. You couldn't go wrong with any that you listed. Shoot em' up. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
CBE.

I have gone through Tox (several models), Copper John, Sure Loc (Challenger and Supreme), Axcel, and Shrewd.

They are all nice sights (some very nice), but CBE is the ONLY target sight I will own now. To me it is just a better, simpler, more solid design.

·
Bonehunter
8,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hard to beat a cbe
Thanks guy's .... I was really interested in the CBE or axcel's ..... which model is the ticket for indoor and out to 70 yds outdoor ?

What scope style .... pin, dot ? What size ? 1 5/8" or 1 3/8" I like the smaller version on my hha's :)

·
Shooter of flesh
7,660 Posts
Quad Lite Target Click will give you all the adjustment you need (3") and it can be used for everything.

As far as scope goes, I wanted to get away from pins, so I went with a dot. I went with a 1 5/8", 6x Archery Specialties scope and a # 2 clarifier to get things sharp. I've shot out to about 95 meters with it and can still see fairly well and at 70 meters it's great! You can also spend a LOT more and get yourself a Sure-Loc Black Eagle...they may well be worth it, but I can see very well through my AS scope. Does anyone you know have some that you can try out??? That's your best bet.

Let your wallet be your guide.

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
I would get the Axcel.
I own CBE and they're a fine sight but the Axcel is just as good and far more handsome, imo.
Might as well go with the good looking one, if all else is equal. :)

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Copper John. Most innovative and built awesome. ALMOST every top pro has shot one! (Levi Morgan, Dave Cousins, Braden G, etc.). And then scope, go with a Classic Large, .010 pin, sun shade, fiber guard, and 3x.

·
BOWFITTERS...PRO TUNER...
3,228 Posts
CBE....... specialty scope or classic with up pin, hard to choose between the 2 scopes, have both love them both.... i use the specialty for indoors and the classic for 3d......:)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Im running 3" Axcel frame w/ Classic Scope w/ no lens as you mentioned. Pretty nice rig-bombproof. I also considered CBE. Dont know how you could go wrong w/ either.

·
Bonehunter
8,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really like the Axcel and CBE ..... the Axcel has alot more color options(bow is a smoked chrome... so guna have to run w/black) Having a hard time deciding .. the Axcel site doesn't give much info, just pics.

I assume that the 1 3/8" scope housing is mainly for indoor ?

Is the 1 7/8" travel enough 70 yds. ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts