Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just recently purchased a QAD drop away rest to replace the whisker biscuit that I have on my Diamond Justice. I am a little new to this tuning thing but I want to learn it & do the stuff myself. The directions seem pretty straight forward, however I am a little concerned about the center shot, is the best way to set it up by eye balling it with an arrow or is there a different way without using a laser. Should I still set the nock 1/8" above level as well?
Is the string clamp fine to use or should I tie it in with serving string?
How close does it have to be to the riser ?

I have the basic tools & just bought a string leveler kit too.

Any advice or tuning help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

· Registered
55,407 Posts
I eye ball it fairly close, throw the clamp away and tie it in then serve it once timing is set. People are going to disagree on this next statement but it is MY feeling. The laser only makes the customer feel good and is only as good as the person is using it. Frankly I eye ball and can do just as good of a job with rarely having to adjust it. Nock set will be higher than a normal rest. How much depends on the bow.;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.