Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a new thumb release. Due to lack of mobility in my index finger (I can't bend at all..years of Muay Thai, several breaks w/o being set properly :embara: ), I require a thumb release.

Something comfortable in the hand, yet solid, w/ a quick action release....any thoughts?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on...anyone?

·
Registered
889 Posts
any of the carters or I really like and recommend the truball st-360 releases head swivels and has a great crisp trigger like the carters plus you can also use a wrist strap with most of the truballs which would probably help you in your case if your not able to hold on with index finger

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
I love my Cater Ember 1 releases...For me they are one of the best dual purpose hunting / 3-d releases you can get.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I recently bought a Stan Shoot Off and love it. Very comfortable and very crisp trigger. Lots of adjustment on it too.

·
I'll be your huckleberry
2,183 Posts
any of the carters or I really like and recommend the truball st-360 releases head swivels and has a great crisp trigger like the carters plus you can also use a wrist strap with most of the truballs which would probably help you in your case if your not able to hold on with index finger
ST360 great release

·
Bonehunter
8,848 Posts
truball

I shoot truball ultra little extremes-great

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I too tried several. Beg and borrowed before i made my purchase. I went with the Carter Chocolate Lite 4!

·
stay calm pick a spot
3,122 Posts
cant go wrong with any of the carter releases my personal fav is the just b cuz

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
truball or the Whalen hooker release (the whalen is next on my list to try as its concept is different that the rest of the releases out there and I think its worth a try.

later
jkeiffer

·
Registered
184 Posts
release

I have a carter choc-lite and a true ball 360 the carter is the best in my opinion. It has 0 play and springs can be switched out to fit your comfort level

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NICE! I appreciate that very much...Looks like exactly what I need

·
Registered
787 Posts
If you want quick action release and smoothness stay with the ones that have a cocking mechanism.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I recently bought a Stan Shoot Off and love it. Very comfortable and very crisp trigger. Lots of adjustment on it too.
I tried a bunch...settled on the Stan Shootoff.
Crisp and felt the best in my hand.
I also love the Stan Shootoff. I use the Deuce and absolutley love it! I used a Stan SX-2 before that which is also a great release but the Shootoff is a little more comfortable to me and the 2 finger is also alot better for me. My shooting has become alot more consistant with the 2 finger compared to a 3 finger. But I know alot of people that perfer the 3 over the 2.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Carter Just B Cuz......... I love it.I would however like to try the Stan Shootoff:wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts