Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice from those of you that have kids on a good light weight bow for my 7yo daughter. Best option for light weight, adjustability and shoot ability for first compound.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
It depends on how fast you think she will go up in poundage. You have the diamond atomic I believe goes from 6-26lbs and 12"-24" draw length, 1.9 lbs ATA 24", than you have the bear cruzer lite 5-45lbs, 12"-27" draw length, 3.2lbs,
27 1/8" ATA. Are there others probably but these are the 2 I have had luck with. If I had to choose o think the cruzer lite is the better option more room to grow but male sure the 3.2lbs isn't to much to hold.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 13yo has been using a mission craze for the past year. It can be adjusted from a 19-30" draw and from 15 -70lbs. I picked up a used one on CL for a third of the cost of a new one

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The diamond atomic is a good lightweight bow perfect for youth archers. It's set up like a regular compound bow and it's not too powerful. But you have to keep in mind that most children will outgrow it rather quickly. Normally by age 12 depending on their size and capabilities.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Diamond edge goes from 5-70lbs I believe and it's not th at heavy. My son uses that and my youngest son uses a pse chaos but not near the adjustability

·
The Ranch Fairy
911 Posts
Edge and use a whisker buiscut or other full containment rest.
The 3 bristle one that looks like 3 tooth brushes in a circle, seems to be on every kid bow, and is made of plastic - is garbage.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Yes that rest is garbage. It's on my son's bow and I'll he switching to a biscuit. It's The Octane hostage.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My Son shot the Diamond Infinite Edge; really good bow. The SB-1 is the modern version, and that's what I would recommend for a first bow. The weight range and draw length range is really outstanding. My son started at 13 pounds, and in 9 months was shooting 35, and shot his first deer, sweet :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reallly appreciate the input giving me a jumping off point to do some research. Much appreciated. With her being 7 I am leaning toward the Diamond atomic since it is light and then in a few years my son will have something to start with too. Thanks again guys

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
If your willing to get her an upgrade I would start with the atomic. My niece is 10 and she's barley able to pull it at 10lbs I think the atomic will be great for her to learn on.

·
Pick a spot, Don't punch
1,822 Posts
Reallly appreciate the input giving me a jumping off point to do some research. Much appreciated. With her being 7 I am leaning toward the Diamond atomic since it is light and then in a few years my son will have something to start with too. Thanks again guys
I have sold a bunch of these, and for that age the others are really too big. The Atomic will fit the bill for a few years and will be well worth the money!

GF

·
Registered
9,505 Posts
The atomic or genesis mini would a good choice. They are well built an light the physical weaght is a big deal for the little guys. Whisker biscuit would probably be the best rest for a young archer

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
I have sold a bunch of these, and for that age the others are really too big. The Atomic will fit the bill for a few years and will be well worth the money!

GF
My son is 4 and he's probably getting an Atomic for Christmas this year. He just has to decide which color.

Also going to consider a Mini Burner XT. He's a big 4 year old and by Christmas he'll be almost 5. He's just starting to be able to focus and group arrows at 10-15 yards with his PSE Guide.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought my daughter (7) the atomic this Christmas. It's a great bow that will grow with her until ready for a youth bow. The poundage is easy to adjust as well as the draw length. The arrows it comes with are garbage and get ready to buy some decent ones. They break easily. She loves it!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts