Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to bowhunting. Last year I bought a used Hoyt lasertek. The bow shoots very well me and I love the balance and overall performance of it. I am however looking to upgrade to a little more speed to expand my range. Shooting out to 50 yrds is a bit of a long bomb for this bow even though I can hit a 8" pie plate with every shot.

Do you have any suggestions of make/models that are similar to the Hoyt ?
My problem is that I have no access to any archery shops to test drive the new stuff so when I buy it is a bit of a risk.

·
Former Wyoming Boy
8,664 Posts
I can't help with questions about Hoyt bows or similar models. I would suggest that where ever you live, what ever it takes, make the journey to a pro shop before you decide to buy.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I can't help with questions about Hoyt bows or similar models. I would suggest that where ever you live, what ever it takes, make the journey to a pro shop before you decide to buy.
sounds like some good advice to me

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I drive an hour and a half to my pro shop each way...but to me, it's worth it. Do you atleast have maybe a Bass Pro Shop or Sportsman Warehouse around you? You could find someplace like that and shoot a few bows to see what you like and then hit the classifieds here on AT

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know going to a shop is the way to go. Problem is I just can't get to one even if there was one within a couple of hours. The one thing about the internet is that it gave me access to getting all kinds of gear for hunting:D.

I do a pile of reading ask even more questions before I buy. The Hoyt I got fit like a glove. If anyone has shot Hoyt and other brands as well I was hoping for some first hand info on how different models compare to the Hoyt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts