Archery Talk Forum banner

Advise needed for new bow purchase.

552 6
Hello all,

I am looking for advise on a new bow purchase. I have been a avid bowhunter for 20 years. I have been shooting a recuve for the last 15 years. I would like to purchase a new compund bow, but have been out of the loop for sometime now. Can anyone suggest a good compund bow?

Any help would be appreciated!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6,685 Posts
Howdy and welcome:darkbeer:

Few questions first...
Plan on shooting fingers or release?

Strictly hunting?

Ground blind hunter? Treestand? Spot and stalk? Still hunter?

Bottom line is this...hard to find a BAD bow made lately but there are a lot of choices. While many come down to preference, some are better suited than others for a particular task.

In general bows are MUCH shorter, much faster, higher letoff, smoother draw and more efficient.

There's a TON of info on here, your in the right place:darkbeer:

· Patriot
5,055 Posts
new bow

I think that all current bow manufacturers are good. If you can, try as many bows as you can get your hands on. There are alot of people that will say that this or that bow is trash. I am not prejudice against any of the manufacturers. I have shot alot of different brands, too. Whatever you can shoot well, and that feels good to you should do it. ALL manufacturers make good products these days. Good luck.
Hello all,

I am looking for advise on a new bow purchase. I have been a avid bowhunter for 20 years. I have been shooting a recuve for the last 15 years. I would like to purchase a new compund bow, but have been out of the loop for sometime now. Can anyone suggest a good compund bow?

Any help would be appreciated!

· Bowhemian
8,311 Posts
Spend as much time as you can browsing these threads and asking specific questions about specific bows. Asking for general recommendations will get you hundreds of different responses because there are a lot of very good bows out there and the majority of us think ours is best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.