Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not looking for more people to tell me I was a fool for letting this happen (I've told myself enough). I had a bow for sale on here and the guy who wanted it was out of work and didn't have the money. I let him have it and he was to pay me $50 a month for 7 months. Again, he seemed like a nice guy and I really had a good gut feeling about him.... same gut feeling that has gotten me this far in life. Any way, at the end of the first month I had received no money so I called him. He said instead if I could wait another month he would pay me the whole thing. I mailed the bow to him on 6/8/11..... now it's pushing 3 months, still no money, and now his cell phone is out of order. All I have is the guys name, phone number, and address. My question is do I post the guy's name and address just to let people know to be cautious of dealing with him or am I risking some slander issues?

I can't complain though...... I've dealt with some great folks on here and I guess one bad deal out of a whole bunch isn't too bad. But, dang it makes me mad and I need the money to get some goodies for hunting season.

Thanks for any suggestions on how to proceed.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Man' really sorry to hear that. Yes buy all means out him on this website. I think you can black list him on A/T

·
Registered
305 Posts
Contact local authorities and have them retrieve your bow. Also let the mods on here know his INFO, although I would suspect they will be PMing you shortly in response to this thread.

andy

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I don't know, it kinda sounds like you are SOL. I don't mean to be harsh, i just don't know what recourse you have without some kind of signed agreement. PM and email would suffice I suppose, but to pursue it would likely cost more than the value of the bow. You can try his local police - stolen weapons are generally frowned upon. That's probably where I would start.

I guess you could write the value off as a charitable donation since no money changed hands? Good luck man, I hope it works out for you. It is guys like you that keep our sport alive, I know you only considered it to help a fellow hunter out, and for that I applaud you. I am sorry it worked out the way it did.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
call the cops!

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Of course this was a written agreement so just call the popo on his arse and get your bow back!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Really nice of you to test the "waters of trust". watch out for the rocks, it hurts to find them.

·
Born To Hunt
6,123 Posts
PM a Moderator they will help, and let you know what to do, go to the hunting bow forum and scroll down to the bottom and look for the Modotarors they have the stars by their names click on one and send him a PM. Hope you get the $, or the bow back

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Lesson to newbies and the soft hearted.
When dealing in sales forums, get all the money first when selling. If buying, be prepared to pay for it in full before it is shipped.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Man, your a really nice fellow. Too bad you are screwed sounds like. Dont let it go though, if your like me and just a common man that has to stretch a dollar, you'll go to every step to either get bow or the money. Good luck, and keep us posted. Let everyone on AT know as well, I wouldnt want this to happen to me or anybody else.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's true... I guess I'm a little reluctant to point him out just not wanting to publicly blast him. Thanks for all the good advise. Maybe someone on here knows him and can help me get up with him? Again, he really seems like a nice guy. Does anyone know how to get up with Shane Smith from Leesburg, OH?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
or take a road trip and get your $$$ worth
PM a Moderator they will help, and let you know what to do, go to the hunting bow forum and scroll down to the bottom and look for the Modotarors they have the stars by their names click on one and send him a PM. Hope you get the $, or the bow back

·
Registered
15,549 Posts
Just fyi DON"T send money to that Nigerian King!

Just jerkin your chain..it is a shame... no good deed goes unpunished!

·
Waiting on Season
14,905 Posts
i live 2.5 hours from there and i am a rather large individual lol

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Wow. A guy out of work is shopping for a bow. He is even more foolish than you. Start a poll thread on "should you" or "should you not" here before you do something like that again.:darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.