Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at getting a B stinger but the more i thought about it...i don't think if it is what i ready need...I shoot a Switchback XT and I am now looking at either AEP or Doinker for more absorption. If you have shot, owned, or currently own either of these stabilizers please give me your input as to why you like or dislike the stabilizer...thanks for your time and consideration

· Registered
3,900 Posts
AEP has amazing stabilizers. They work and have awesome features. The weights are adjustable and the holes in the tubing make it so that air can flow into the stabilizer and go out the otherside. The 10 degree dis-connect also allows gravity to bring the bow in an upright straight angle. I personally have a 36" and love it. I have used them for about 9 years and won't change. A.E.P. stabilizers are the BEST!!!!!!!

· Registered
756 Posts
other,
I'm sure they both make great stbilizers. I was just in the same situation, thought about a b-stinger or posten. I ended up buying an xtreame. They are awesome. Come with complete weight kit and are cheaper than a b-stinger.
Just a thought you can check them out here.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=836782&highlight=xtreame+stabilizer

Here are the reviews for the stabilizer
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=838617&highlight=xtreme+stabilizer+revie

Just another option...hope it helps.

· Registered
8,117 Posts
I was looking at getting a B stinger but the more i thought about it...i don't think if it is what i ready need...I shoot a Switchback XT and I am now looking at either AEP or Doinker for more absorption. If you have shot, owned, or currently own either of these stabilizers please give me your input as to why you like or dislike the stabilizer...thanks for your time and consideration
I was having a hard time deciding between AEP, Doinker and Posten. Therefore I did what every logical person would, I ordered the bigJONson from John Eide and I am VERY satisfied!

· Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks

Hey guys i appreciate all the input and advice...i am so glad i ran across this site...yall really take time to help a beginner like myself get a grasp on things...thanks again and keep them coming in

· Undocumented
18,203 Posts
Simple choice. Doinker helps me with Stability and to lessen vibration on shots out to 70 yards with confidence. I hunt in mostly open terrain, so i went with the 11.5" doinker power A bomb. I love it. My next doinker will be the D.I.S.H stab. Its funny looking but i like the concept behind it.

· Registered
8,117 Posts
Hey guys i appreciate all the input and advice...i am so glad i ran across this site...yall really take time to help a beginner like myself get a grasp on things...thanks again and keep them coming in
Do you by chance have a GOOD proshop anywhere nearby that will let you try different ones out?

I do not, so I usually go off of the advice that I get here. So far, I have not be disappointed with anything!

· Registered
19,079 Posts
Cant go wrong with either a AEP or Doinker. I personally like the Big Jonson on my target set-up for a front rod. Best Ive used. I do have a 8" AEP side rod coming to try.

· Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you by chance have a GOOD proshop anywhere nearby that will let you try different ones out?

I do not, so I usually go off of the advice that I get here. So far, I have not be disappointed with anything!

I am actually going by the shop tomorrow to try out the AEP he has...he just ordered some more doinkers so i will prolly try them out when he gets them in

· Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also

I am going to be using this as both my hunting stab and my target stab (not goin to exceed 12'')...i don't know if this changes much

· Unregistered User
1,748 Posts
I am going to be using this as both my hunting stab and my target stab (not goin to exceed 12'')...i don't know if this changes much
The AEP will do nothing but add weight to your bow. The Doinker will add weight, but will also be able to soak up some noise and a lot of vibration. For hunting my favorites are the 11.5" Elite and the 10" Multi-Rod Hunter. Don't be scared by the prices on their website. Your dealer can them to you at about 30% off the price on the website.

· Registered
3,900 Posts
The AEP will do nothing but add weight to your bow. The Doinker will add weight, but will also be able to soak up some noise and a lot of vibration. For hunting my favorites are the 11.5" Elite and the 10" Multi-Rod Hunter. Don't be scared by the prices on their website. Your dealer can them to you at about 30% off the price on the website.
Nothing but add weight? :mg: wow, you mean it wont soak up any noise? and any vibration? I think your wrong man...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.