Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What limbs (non-Hoyt) are others shooting in their old Aerotec risers?

I have a Quinn Stallion and shoot 45# limbs and have the opportunity to add an Aerotec to the bow quiver thinking "wouldn't it be cool to be able to swap limbs and share a bow with wife and kids (note: kids may not have strength yet, but they somehow mutated and possess D/Ls that are close to 2" beyond mine)?"

After perusing the forum, and with all this in mind, started to question how "standard/compatible" the Aerotec is for non-Hoyt limbs (bow comes with M1s outfitted).

Any advice on what to watch out for on Aerotec risers (wear and tear, limb fitment concerns)?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some fear, uncertainty, and doubt started to amass when reading about "improved dovetail systems" possibly affecting ILF "standard" compatibility.

Perhaps only applicable to Hoyts designed this decade?

·
Genesis 21:20
24,372 Posts
No, no worries. Any ILF limb should fit the Aerotec. It's a good riser. You'll enjoy using it with whichever ILF limbs you choose.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
What limbs (non-Hoyt) are others shooting in their old Aerotec risers?
Any ILF limb should work. I've used Hoyt, PSE and Kap T-Rex limbs on my Aerotec without any issues. Check with Viper1, he still shoots his Aerotec almost every day, he's probably tried it with many more.

TAO

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
That's just Hoyt's marketing department working overtime. The "Formula" limb is the type you want to avoid with the Aerotec.
The current Hoyt limbs marked "Grand Prix" are the standard ILF limbs. But you can get the same or better performance with other manufacturer's limbs for better prices. Hoyt is pricing themselves out of the market at this point.

TAO

·
Registered
21,372 Posts
tb -

I've shot Hoyt, Samick and Flute limbs on my Aerotec, but I'm partial to Win & Win.
They all fit, I just like the the way the WW feel/shoot best - personal call.
It's a stiff riser and the WW limbs have a solid hit to them.
Some people do complain about shock or high-freq vibration, and the TEC risers being somewhat critical to shoot. I've never found that.

Caveat: when mating limbs to any riser, the specs/tolerance issues are typically in the "U" slot in the limb butt.
Sometimes the "U" slot is a little lighter (smaller) than spec. I've never had a problem on that riser, however.

Never heard of Quinn making ILF limbs so those are out.

As far as wear and tear.
It's a target riser and if it was actually used, it will have scratches.
Make sure the limb bolts lock screws are present and the limb bolt hex slot hasn't been stripped.

It's a tough riser to hurt.

Viper1 out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, stallion limbs stay with the Quinn (and only the Quinn). That's okay - its a great bow just the way it is.

Brought the Aerotec/M1 combination home today. Loud with sellers 660 arrows. Shot fine and quieter with the stiffer arrows I had.

Only thing obviously wrong is a missing stainless-steel button head screw that holds the detent system in the limb. The local bow shop warned me not to disassemble/breakdown until a replacement is installed (nothing in stock). Anyone have specs on the screw or should I just call Hoyt?

·
Desert Island Trading Co.
4,945 Posts
I shot Mk Korea limbs, Samick Limbs and Hoyt limbs on my Aerotec riser. All ILF limbs will shoot well off the Aerotec. Its a great riser.

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts