Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very nice green and black Aerotech recurve. The bow is built on a 25" ILF Hoyt Aerotech with Sebastian Flute Ultimate Pros, short, 42#, Carbon/ Kevlar limbs. The limbs alone run $379.00 (on sale) at Lancaster. This is a very sweet shooting bow if you are looking to get into a modern recurve bow. I had this listed in the traditional forum by mistake hopefully I have the right forum this time. Price is $475.00 firm.

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest, I am more of a compound hunter and wanted to try a FITA type bow. Unfortunately this means my knowledge of this subject is a bit light. It's a 25" riser and short limbs which yields a 66" bow. Since the limbs say 66-42, my guess would be max is 42#. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I could give a more concrete answer on this subject.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
The draw wieight can be influenced a number if different factors. They are marked at a 28" draw length. If you have a 30 inch draw they could be up to 46#

you can read dchan's sticky in the forum to get some of this information.

·
Sinverguenza
2,727 Posts
You might consider splitting it up. A righty AeroTec likely wouldn't last long here at a good price, and you could sell it to someone wanting to put their own limbs on. The most common lengths are 68", or a 25" with mediums, so shorter limbs are a smaller market. If you were to split, you could likely net a bit more, which would cover the extra $15 or so you have to pay to ship it to two buyers.

Just a thought. Great limbs and riser here.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Good point - splitting it up would probably get it sold.

You might consider splitting it up. A righty AeroTec likely wouldn't last long here at a good price, and you could sell it to someone wanting to put their own limbs on. The most common lengths are 68", or a 25" with mediums, so shorter limbs are a smaller market. If you were to split, you could likely net a bit more, which would cover the extra $15 or so you have to pay to ship it to two buyers.

Just a thought. Great limbs and riser here.

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Is the 42# weight maxed out? What weight range do this combo have?
Max weight would depend on the riser you are putting them on. Some ILF risers hit marked limb weight near the middle of their adjustment range, while some hit the marked weight fully backed out. These limbs on my Spig BB25 riser would max out @ 48#`s. On my 21" Dalaa, they would max out around 52#`s. On the Hoyt riser in the ad, they should max out around 44-45#`s.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.