Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the chance to shoot an Affliction tonight. It was the first time I had a chance to shoot an Athens bow. Wow. This bow was awesome Smooth, Fast, Quiet the only thing left to ask for is dealers. I will be going in search of one soon really wanting to try some of the shorter ATA bows.

·
Registered
798 Posts
You can find them used on here all the time or look on Athens website and go into the forums! Best of luck to you and I shoot a few of their bows! My afflixtion is my target bow and I love it!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Anxiously awaiting my Afflixtion to arrive. I got back into archery with an Accomplice and really enjoy it tremendously.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not going to buy a bow with out shooting it. As much as I enjoyed the Afflixion there is no guarentee I will enjoy the TRX or R120 as much until I shoot it. Going into this year I thought I would be buying the Mathews ZXT for sure then I shot it now it is next to the bottom of my list. Heard nothing but good things about Obsession bows shot a few and they also are not for me. But I am really looking forward to making a trip to a dealership that has a TRX and R120 instock hopefully close to my draw length. If I enjoy them as much as the Afflixion then it will be well worth the trip.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Good to hear you liked it!! Thanks for sharing the info. On the Athens web site there is a dealer locator. We also have some staffers in your area that I am sure would be glad to help you out.

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Being a long ATA guy, I prefer the afflixtion over all the others. I love the exceed, but I've never been able to get that feel I like for hunting. For target, the exceed as good as it gets, but the shorter cams in the exceed do not get a good lock up feeling I prefer. I'd just buy a used one off AT here, you can get these bows used a year old for 400-450. great buyer market, not so great seller market. If you don't like it, resell it and basically lose out on shipping costs. I bought and sold several used Athens from here just to test them out prior to buyn a brand new freshie

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a Staffer that let me try his bow. I am trying to decide what dealer to go to. None are very close but I will be making a trip after calling around to find out which one has a TRX and R120 that are closest to my draw in stock. If it was not for that staffer offering to allow me to shoot his a few times I would never have considered Athens due to the lack of local dealers. AFTER shooting his however...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I had the chance to shoot an Affliction tonight. It was the first time I had a chance to shoot an Athens bow. Wow. This bow was awesome Smooth, Fast, Quiet the only thing left to ask for is dealers. I will be going in search of one soon really wanting to try some of the shorter ATA bows.
My best friend is a dealer in chapmanville wv. Not sure were u live at but he has one hanging on self.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am in Fairmont right now but was planning on calling Chapmanville I seen him on the dealer locator

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Yea, your about 2.5 hrs away. Did alot of partying up there & Morgantown back in day. Lol
Call him he close shop about 5.

·
32,707 Posts
I just bought an Afflixtion from a fellow member on here and I bought it without EVER seeing or shooting an Athens bow. I know they are good bows and look forward to shooting one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts