Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out my latest Broadhead Test of the Afflictor K2 Mini. Hope it's helpful. Pls share any experiences you've had with Afflictor heads.
https://youtu.be/ZEN3rbZvf-A

·
Registered
608 Posts
I might try this head this year. They have been catching my eye. Looks like a tough good flying head.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Do any stores carry them or is it just through the manufacturer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,535 Posts
Always enjoy these reviews.

Blade sharpness and edge retention looks terrible on that head. That alone would keep me from using them. Durability also suspect but I suppose to be expected with a mechanical. Sort of a cool design though - too bad the blades are so bad.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Nice review. I purchased a pack this year to give them a try. I'll definitely stick with my fixed blades through the majority of the season, but may pull an Afflictor tipped arrow out on a few early season hunts and see how they preform.

·
Registered
17,368 Posts
Thanks again for the review.

I do wish they kept a, better edge then they did.

Also have you shot the drive key on an angle shot yet? Asking back when they first came out me and a guy from KY got a, couple of them from owner and only thing I didn't like was the drive key would not slide down all the way on an angle shot and get jammed up. I'm hoping they fixed that issue since I like the idea of these heads

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do any stores carry them or is it just through the manufacturer?

They switched to a direct to consumer model last year, after shops weren’t paying their bills. They didn’t want to do it, but felt forced to, in order to keep prices down. That’s why I am able to share a discount code now. For anyone interested, LUSK10 saves you 10% off any order.

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again for the review.

I do wish they kept a, better edge then they did.

Also have you shot the drive key on an angle shot yet? Asking back when they first came out me and a guy from KY got a, couple of them from owner and only thing I didn't like was the drive key would not slide down all the way on an angle shot and get jammed up. I'm hoping they fixed that issue since I like the idea of these heads
That’s interesting. I have taken several shots at animals on angles, but have never had a problem with the drive key deploying.

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Always enjoy these reviews.

Blade sharpness and edge retention looks terrible on that head. That alone would keep me from using them. Durability also suspect but I suppose to be expected with a mechanical. Sort of a cool design though - too bad the blades are so bad.
The sharpness and retention and durability were about average for mechs. There are certainly some better in those areas, and many that are worse.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Once a again a great no bias review. There have been some broadheads that have surprised me doing way better then I expected. Then some others like this one that I was expecting more from.

Don't know if you have some of those big heavy weight and light heavy weight heads still around. It would be nice to see them redone with your new testing.

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Once a again a great no bias review. There have been some broadheads that have surprised me doing way better then I expected. Then some others like this one that I was expecting more from.

Don't know if you have some of those big heavy weight and light heavy weight heads still around. It would be nice to see them redone with your new testing.
Thank you. Yeah, I agree. I don’t have any in good enough shape to use for a fair test. But I’ve had the same thought.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Thank you. Yeah, I agree. I don’t have any in good enough shape to use for a fair test. But I’ve had the same thought.

I called myself looking on your channel but did not find it. Have you tested the GrimReaper hybrid? The 125 that is 1 3/4"x1 1/16"?

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
7,733 Posts
Looks like metal used in blades is not very good. Bad edge retention.

Reactions: Mondakfisher

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,535 Posts
The sharpness and retention and durability were about average for mechs. There are certainly some better in those areas, and many that are worse.

"About average" for mechanicals which are generally "below average" is not what most aspire to use on a live animal so the test results alone would steer most responsible bowhunters in a different direction. That's my point and your testing is thankfully helpful by informing responsible bowhunters in this regard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts