Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for reading. Could anyone suggest an affordable set for building a target high FOC arrow. I am shooting recurve 32# so the lighter arrow the better ( I know lighter often means money ). I would like an arrow for everything with a 15-20% FOC.
Which brand offer heavy point (or insert) matching shafts at an affordable price?
I would appreciate your set up for high foc.
Thanks in advance.

· Registered
288 Posts
The Easton 6mm HEXX arrows

· Registered
3,994 Posts
If you’re shooting a recurve, you need to contact big jim’s archery in S Ga. He has a wide selection of shafts and components and also sells gold tip blemished shafts at a very affordable price. The only blemish on them is the dip/coloring.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Glorious.
I have been checking the Hexx... it may be a way to go but I have my doubts because the 400 spine seems to stiff for my 32# (even after weaken the arrow with brass insert in the front). Appreciated.

· The Impartial Archer
24,835 Posts
A light arrow with high FOC is tough. You have to find the lowest GPI arrow and then add a brass insert to the front. When you say "light" that is very subjective........how about a target weight?

· Registered
2,440 Posts
Tag. I’ve been researching the same thing. Deer crossing has some really good options.. their hunter series is 70 a dozen and low GPi

· Registered
2,440 Posts
Thank Daljwil, Could you provide a link for “deer crossing”? Sorry I’m not able to find them.

· Registered
I like Bear bows get over it...
36 Posts
If you want to be able to change everything on the arrow to your liking, South Shore Archery is pretty great. Full customization, insert weight, vanes, offset, etc. That is where I got my arrows.

https://www.southshorearcherysupply.com
Im looking for new arrows for my compound. Do you know if the South Shore guy builds arrows around the stiff side of the arrow?

Thanks - Jack

· Registered
445 Posts
Im looking for new arrows for my compound. Do you know if the South Shore guy builds arrows around the stiff side of the arrow?

Thanks - Jack
Hmm. Im not sure what you mean by stiff side of the arrow. But here is the email if you want to contact them: [email protected] Also, this pic shows what they customize.

Attachments

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks once more Kaljwil.
Unfortunately Deer Crossing ship just to EEUU and Canada.

· Just thwackin' it.
7,463 Posts
What about Black Eagle Vintage? Standard diameter, made up to 600 spine, 34" uncut, and depending on how heavy you want to go up front. They also make 100gr brass inserts for them. You could always run them long and I bet you could get a 600 to tune at 32# with enough weight up front.

· The Impartial Archer
24,835 Posts
Thanks deadquiet. Please bare with me, what do you mean with “target weight”?
Light is a relative term. To some folks light is 450 grains to others light is 350 grains. To some 500 might even be light. What finished arrow weight are you looking for when you say light?

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Light is a relative term. To some folks light is 450 grains to others light is 350 grains. To some 500 might even be light. What finished arrow weight are you looking for when you say light?
Thanks for your answer Deadquiet. You are dead right: “light” is a relative term. When I said light I was talking about my starting point: a builded arrow except for the point. I need a light base to add grains. Let me explain it. I am not looking for an specific arrow’s weight, but I would like an arrow as light as my budget would afford, cause I am shooting just 32#. The arrow’s weight without the point or insert is what it is, but the lighter the better, because first, less weight to move and second I have to add less weight to the front to achive my goal: 15-20% FOC so I guess my best should be around 420 gn total for a 29” shaft.

· Registered
1,488 Posts
Easton aluminum arrows-cheap but not supper high foc

Easton carbon one shafts -a little more money but decent shaft.

29” arrow 32# off the fingers. 800 spine with a 100 or 125 tip would be where I would start.

For target high FOC does very little in my opinion. And I’m some cases can actually hurt more than it helps
Learn good solid form.
learn to bare shaft tune. Fender Archery has a great bare shaft tuning guide.
Are you shooting off the shelf or rest or rest and plunger set up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.