Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got all my stuff here on American soil. And it only took 11 months! :eek: I am pretty relieved that it all showed up in one piece!

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
Cool looking trophies...

Why did it take so long?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NYbowhunter43 said:
Cool looking trophies...

Why did it take so long?
The Dip/Pack facility was in the process of moving...and everything over there goes at a much slower pace than we are used to here.

I was really worried about getting the stuff here and getting all MY stuff here-the warthog is a gold medal SCI pig. It's my favorite trophy!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Thats a nice collection!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
VERY NICE collection!!! Some great trophies!! That warthog has some great tusks! I also love the Gemsbok and Kudu. Thanks for sharing!

An African bowhunt is truly something I plan on doing atleast once in my life!

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cornfed said:
VERY NICE collection!!! Some great trophies!! That warthog has some great tusks! I also love the Gemsbok and Kudu. Thanks for sharing!

An African bowhunt is truly something I plan on doing atleast once in my life!
I thought I would do it just once too....now I have another trip booked for '07. It truly does get in your blood!

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I scored the Warthog last night-waiting for the official scorer to call me. Scored right at 35" SCI-which would place it in the top 25 in the world, according to the 2004 bowhunting record book! WOOHOO :teeth:

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
No Mercy said:
I thought I would do it just once too....now I have another trip booked for '07. It truly does get in your blood!
Yeah, they all come back. :)

Congrats to that great trophies.
Where did you hunt? Namibia or SA?

Markus
Africa addicted for life

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
duggaboy said:
Yeah, they all come back. :)

Congrats to that great trophies.
Where did you hunt? Namibia or SA?

Markus
Africa addicted for life
Both-

I hunted near Ellisras in RSA for a week, then to Groontfontein Namibia for a week.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice trophys, congratulate on them. Are you planning to shoulder mount the pig? I can tell you, it is dashing, and a definitive eye catcher. :thumbs_up

PS: This Waterbuck was hunted near Ellisras in RSA this May at Thwane Game Lodge

Attachments

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Warthog, Impala, and Hartebeest will be shoulder mounts. The Kudu and gemsbok are going to be floor pedestals. The Blue Wildebeest will be a wall pedestal and not pictured, a zebra, is going to be a rug.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a better photo of the warthog-he officially measured 35 5/16. According to last years SCI Bowhunting book that would put him at #19 in the world! I am ecstatic! :teeth:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Those are nice. Congratulations

1 - 15 of 15 Posts