Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
When someone says
2 year old they mean 2 and half
and 3 year old would of course be a 3 and a half year old.
So on and so forth.
You probabbly already knew that though, right?

What amazes me about the people that say that on tv is that they are most likely right ( I would guess). Some of the guys like Mark and Terry Drury for example, it just shows you how serious they take management.
I wish I could look at a deer and tell how old he is. Any body got any secrets on aging them? Besides a sagging back?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I would say it's like guessing yardage. You can usually look at a target that's 20 yards out and know right off it's 20 yards, no different than looking at a 1 1/2 year old. Now when they start getting older, charachteristics change, thus making it harder to determine their age. Some folks are good at it. It gets really tricky after 4 1/2 to me. 3 1/2's and under are pretty easy to pick. Necklines, fullness in the hams, slender head and snout and oh yeah the rack size.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
exhunter said:
amzed at the statements of deer age on tv,,,heard several times 2-3-4 year old..when is a deer born in oct.-nov. never seen one ........seen a lot of 2.5.3.5 4.5 though
You're joking...right??? I think pretty much everyone that hunts knows this about deer age. :D

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
P&YHUNTER said:
I would say it's like guessing yardage. You can usually look at a target that's 20 yards out and know right off it's 20 yards, no different than looking at a 1 1/2 year old. Now when they start getting older, charachteristics change, thus making it harder to determine their age. Some folks are good at it. It gets really tricky after 4 1/2 to me. 3 1/2's and under are pretty easy to pick. Necklines, fullness in the hams, slender head and snout and oh yeah the rack size.
:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Nothing gets passed you. I guess since I was born in March I will have to say that I’m 30 ½ starting tomorrow no wait I can’t say that because my birthday was on the 12th. Or do I have to round it up to 31.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts