Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this deer to be about 3 years old. Although he acts and has the smarts of an older buck. Only saw him once in October, and this is the first photo I've gotten of him. Can't tell if he may just be thin/recovering from the rut. Thoughts?

PICT0120.jpg

·
Registered
241 Posts
that deer has some age, post rut/summer deer look a lot different than the classic 5th of nov. pictures we are all trained to compare to

·
Registered
597 Posts
Wow, you already have pics of for next year! Sorry, couldn't resist... noticed date at the bottom. LOL! Yes, he looks fairly young. Ought to be a nice one in a couple of years. Of course, around here we couldn't take the risk of letting him walk...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol, I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. Everything else is correct... Just the year is off. (Or am I from the future:zip:)

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
In December of 2019 he'll be 4.5...I'd say 2.5 now...still thin, legs look long, neck doesn't look too thick...2.5 is my guess...

·
I like big buffs!
4,299 Posts
Looking at the body I thought 2yr old, but the tine length has me leaning towards 3yr old. Not much mass confirms he may indeed be a young deer.

Hard to judge from that pic but I don't think he's very old.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts