Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
First 3 teeth are ground down a bit, putting it at 3-3.5 y/o. The pic from above shows this the best.

·
Ad Meliora
18,141 Posts
I'd have to guess 4 or 5 also....pics make it look like teeth are worn down and enamel and dentine look equal on tooth #5.

·
Team 11
3,002 Posts
5.5 maybe 6.5

Dentin is much wider than enamel. Not totally worn down, but could be older. Great deer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
4.5 -5.5 also. side pics don't do anything. the angle and width from wear, of the brown, dentine line in the center of the tooth, looking down at it is what you need to see. starting from the 4th molar and back

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I'm no expert. But comparing to picks from the internet, I'd guess 3.5. Would be easier if it was in hand. Need to send it in and get a real test.

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
3.5 tops, prob. only 2.5. Lot of sharp ridges throughout jaw to be any older even though the dentene lines are very prominate that are characteristic of older worn down teeth.
Nice Buck! and great post!

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Remove the proper front encisor and send it in for cementum annuli testing. $20 later and there won't be much guessing how old he is. Guesses so far have been 2.5 - 6.5 and is about as broad of a range you can get.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts