Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new here and I just want to ask you a questions thats bothering me.

My heart just sank when I went to the NY DEC website. I had everything planned out, bought all my stuff to get ready for the hunting season. Now I've always wanted to hunt, but just got my certfications this year. I went with my uncle last year for 2 days, but he only gun hunts.

Now I look on the dec website and it says. "
NOTE: Those under 18 who are hunting big game for the first time as a holder of a big game license must be accompanied for the entire season by a parent or legal guardian, or a person over 18 with at least one year's experience in hunting bear or deer. The parent, guardian or person over 18 must have a current license that allows the hunting of big game."

Now I'm 16, my dad doesnt hunt, nor does anyone except my uncle who lives 2 hours away and he only does gun hunting.

I really dont know what to do, I can ask my dad to try to get his, but all the classes are basicly full, or just wait and go 2 days this year.

I'm not gonna just ask a random person I dont know to take me, but im open to suggestions. This is one thing that I always wanted to do and I dont want to wait another year just to do it when I want.

Any advice, what do you think would be the best way to approach this?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Any shooting or hunting clubs in your area?
If so, start talking to members. :darkbeer:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts