Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently begun shooting my bow ('03 primos stl) again getting ready for hunting, and notice that when i come to full draw, i am aiming under the target by quite a bit on flat ground. i feel sort of like my draw may be a tad too long (30") and am wondering if this is a sign that it is. to correct this aiming, i am having to drop my right elbow and shoulder a little to try to get everything more level.

any suggestions or guesses what the problem is??

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have the same problem/

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
draw may be a little long, if you dont shot alot,your form can change a bit and that can cause this.

another thing, Aiming under the dot is actually how i aim. some say that its a form of target panic, but for me i just like seeing the dot. so i sight in a little hot to compensate for aiming under the X.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
I agree

if you dont shoot alot your form may and can change , but aiming low can be fixed by The aiming practice, draw up on the X and hold it for 20 seconds and let down , dont shoot the arrow and do this every practice til you start getting confident with your aiming, it will make you a better shot with confidence to get on target and hold it. So my idea is its more a mental thing than draw length issue

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
I have a similar problem - I'm not actually aiming below, but once I start applying the backtension, the pin wants to go a bit below the X, and I often have hard time getting it back (all during the backtension execution) and naturally I often miss... I'm shooting fingers BTW...

I also switched back to 29'' DL module as my 30'' seemed to long (and I didn't untwist the string, I just twisted the cable a bit which caused that I didn't shorten the draw by a full inch), but this backtension-caused pin slide continues... Help?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Where are you anchoring and is your bow arm slightly bent or straight? If you're anchoring behind your jaw and your bow arm is straight... too long. If not, try moving your peep and your sight down. That should raise your bow arm naturally, giving you more of a natural higher aim point.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
archer55 said:
Where are you anchoring and is your bow arm slightly bent or straight? If you're anchoring behind your jaw and your bow arm is straight... too long. If not, try moving your peep and your sight down. That should raise your bow arm naturally, giving you more of a natural higher aim point.
Hm well, If i slide my peep any more I'd have to anchor in a way that my draw hand isn't below jaw anymore - it would rather be at the corner of my mouth, which isn't good for finger shooters? or not?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts