Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the air raid cam system a binary system. I have not seen any close up shots of the cams....Im guessing its a binary with the cable tracks on both sides of the cam instead of the cables just attaching to one side...is this correct?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
....from my understanding.....dual binary cams...with the old-school dual yoke system with the exception that the yokes are attached to the cams versus attachement points on the limbs....
Still completely slaved system though?

·
Full Throttle Baby
2,689 Posts
I am a little confused about the Air Raid cams. I think Bowtech is also, because the web site description says that the cam has a rotating mod system but the specs show an IBO for smooth mods and speed mods.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
I am a little confused about the Air Raid cams. I think Bowtech is also, because the web site description says that the cam has a rotating mod system but the specs show an IBO for smooth mods and speed mods.
Is it not possible to build rotating mods in both a smooth and fast version?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Could just be a website whoops. The airbornes used to show a smooth and fast IBO as well.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
To my understanding they were gonna have different mods till bowtech revised the cam design.Now the airraid has the adjustable draw cams like the rest of the bowtech lineup.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I was just on the website before dropping by here......it looks like the split harness system on the Air Raid and a shorter axle to axle length / larger brace height are the only real differences performance wise between the Air Raid and 82nd. Both very nice, and sharp looking too. But I'd take the 2009 82nd if I had to pick. What's the real advantage or reason to pick the Air Raid???

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I was just on the website before dropping by here......it looks like the split harness system on the Air Raid and a shorter axle to axle length / larger brace height are the only real differences performance wise between the Air Raid and 82nd. Both very nice, and sharp looking too. But I'd take the 2009 82nd if I had to pick. What's the real advantage or reason to pick the Air Raid???
Shorter ATA..Better in a tree stand and a blind!
No cam lean do to the new Yoke design of the cam.
Smoother draw due to the modified 82nd cams.
Longer brace height than the 82nd.

And its new!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Air Raid and 82nd two totally different bows not even close to the same. It is wrong to try to compare them. As far as binary, yes it is but not in the traditional since, not quite able to understand until I see one inperson. My rep tried to explain but hard to picture in my mind. The draw modules can be adjusted to different draw lengths, the only draw module specific bow in the lineup for Bowtech this year is the 82nd. Another major difference between the Air Raid and the 82nd is that the Air Raid's limbs come past paralell at rest. They are even father past paralell then they were at the ATA show. Bowtech had to revamp the limbs and pockets a little during the testing because the new laminated limbs deflection was so stiff. Made the bow even more quiet and smooth from what I have been told. The limbs don't go as far as the Xforce or the Monster though. This is the information I have been given.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I think we should start seeing some reviews in the next week or so.
They are supposed to start shipping on the 15th.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I shoot an 82nd and like it, but if you ever look at the cams at full draw....well just try it sometime....

·
Registered
980 Posts
Shorter ATA..Better in a tree stand and a blind!
No cam lean do to the new Yoke design of the cam.
Smoother draw due to the modified 82nd cams.
Longer brace height than the 82nd.

And its new!!! LOL
Understandable......I suppose we will see this split harness system on more BowTech bows in the future

I'd still have to pick the 82nd, I know the Air Raid is new and I give the nod to it on looks, I just prefer a longer axle to axle rig ( as you can see in my signature - Nitrous is 35" axle to axle ). I really like how they got rid of that nasty string suppresor that attached to the roller guard and lengthened the axle to axle on the 2009 82nd

Bet the Air Raid is deadly quiet w/ those limbs and a real sweet shooter. Bring on them reviews!!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
They are the Darton 3500 cams. Still binary just slaved out on both sides of the string.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts