Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Big Damn Arrow Slinger
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, all of you guys who shot the airbornes side to side to the marquis, what is your opinion? What did you like, what didn't you like? How good is the workmanship, as the risers only seem to differentiate in the cutouts?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Kinda hard to compare the 2 as one is a single cam and the other is a Binary cam system..but i will try..

101st - shot this bow at 63# and wow, that is a workout...drew back nice till right at the end and then had to grunt to get it to roll over..but hey that is abiarmy cam for you i guess (havent shot many of them). NO handshock, quiet..

Marquis - smooth smooth smoooothh, single cam on steroids...I love this bow, 63# draws like 50...quiet and a soild back wall..

Marquis for me..

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I agree with what Kale said about the Marquis. It is very smooth and easy draw, stable and quiet to shoot, yet quick. I shot the Marquis @ 65# and the 82nd @ 65# side by side. I ended up with the 82nd as I was looking for speed, but the Marquis would likely be my bow of choice for a single cam. Very nice bow.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I bought a Marquis in January, before my local shop got the Airbornes in.

Then I shot both Airbornes, and got Airborne Envy due to the speed (not that my Marquis is slow, at all!) I prefer the 101st to the 82nd, but man o man, either one is tough to draw, like Kale said. Proposed solution: don't pull the full 70# like my Marquis, back it down to 60#... at which point it's lost any perceived advantage over the Marquis.

I'm not as young as I used to be, and it's been a long, hard winter here. I can't me see sitting in a frigid northern Wisconsin treestand for hours and having to draw a set-near-70# speed demon for that once-in-a-lifetime shot. I'd rather depend on the 200+ shots-per-week Marquis, with the less-work-needed draw to make the kill.

The only bow I can see me using other than this Marquis is another Marquis, or possibly a Diamond Liberty. Having said that, however, I'm looking for an Elite Aigil to shoot and compare.. that bow intrigues me.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I have spent a bit of time with both bows. The Marquis is a much easier bow to draw. The Airbornes have to get their speed from somewhere. I did not like the steep drop to the valley on the Airbornes. I did own a 101st for a while, but sold it. Between those two bows (3 actually) I would choose the Marquis for its much, much easier draw. It is no slouch for speed either.

macatac

·
Big Damn Arrow Slinger
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to hear the positive comments on the Marquis. Keep it comming.

·
Registered
672 Posts
How good is the workmanship, as the risers only seem to differentiate in the cutouts?
Actually, they do differ in that the Airbornes have the new "Zero Tolerance" limb pockets, while the Marquis still uses the same type as the other Diamonds.

Not sure how much the new pockets actually perform better, though.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
comp

Airborne= draw slow to keep from snapping back and over. Learn it. FAST!
28.5 draw 60# shoots IBO arrow @ 328 fps

Marquis= draw slow and it is smooth. Very good wall. FAST One Cam!
28.5 draw 60# shoots IBO arrow @ 308 fps

Both are fine bows. Marquis is easier to let down. You can shoot a Marquis at 70# easier than an 82nd at 62-65 lbs. Depends on what you want.

My guess is that the Airborne would be a great Whitetail bow at 50 pound draw.

MJ

·
keepin it real
3,105 Posts
101/marquis

I have owned both. the marquis is way smoother draw and just a a little slower. the 101 has the worst draw cycle of any bow I have shot in 10 years, but it is the coolest I have ever seen that velvet camo is way cool. I like the marquis better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts