Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Check in.

Have them check your bowcase while you are there so you can lock it. Keep the weight under the maximum weight limit. heh

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
i belive it is 50lbs on stateside flights. I have never had any problem flying with my bow just put it in a case pack some clothes in on top of it and you should be fine.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Have them check your bowcase while you are there so you can lock it. Keep the weight under the maximum weight limit. heh
Very good advise. The TSA will pry open and break your latches to inspect if locked. Happened to me last year. Insist that they inspect it at check in so you can unlock for them. Use a SKB case and all should be fine.

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Very good advise. The TSA will pry open and break your latches to inspect if locked. Happened to me last year. Insist that they inspect it at check in so you can unlock for them. Use a SKB case and all should be fine.
Ditto on the SKB case . . . . but the airline employees will still consider it a challenge to try to break it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I always ask for conformation that my bow made it on the plane. Just when you get to your gate have them radio to see if a (whatever your bowcase looks like) and they will let the person at the desk know. This has worked for me in the past.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Use TSA approved locks, that way they can open them with a master key...should be no prying unless a baggage rat is trying to get a look at your gear.

But I would agree, they will usually "inspect" if they're going to at check in with you on hand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts