Archery Talk Forum banner

Alabama Turkey Hunting

2026 10
Anybody hunt the WMAs Down there?

Looking to head there for a out of state hunt and wondering where a Good Population Was?

Info on ATVs on WMAs also and other tips tid bits may need to know..
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Need some help guys,,, help a Guy out done lots of research Pm me to keep the spot hush hush if you want. we are just 2 guys need that early spring rush our season dont come in for a month.

I will oblige any body with private land. :tongue: Be sure you would be inviteing 2 seasoned hunters that have the up most respect for the wildlife and the land we are on.

Offers welcome. :wink:

· Registered
243 Posts
I am doing something i thought i would never do but here you go. Have hunted Scotch in SW bama three times and we have always killed some turkeys and have had good hunts. Also in my thoughts the more ground to cover is better so the last couple of years been to the Talladaga Ntl forest. Not as many turkeys but more of what i like to hunt with the terrain. BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave your four wheeler at home when turkey hunting anywhere!!!!!

· Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I am doing something i thought i would never do but here you go. Have hunted Scotch in SW bama three times and we have always killed some turkeys and have had good hunts. Also in my thoughts the more ground to cover is better so the last couple of years been to the Talladaga Ntl forest. Not as many turkeys but more of what i like to hunt with the terrain. BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave your four wheeler at home when turkey hunting anywhere!!!!!
I have done some online research and looked at the WMAs on google arth and the northern Tier counties are pretty steep terrain.

the reason i even said ATV is because in My county in IN they are NOT allowed on WMAs but are allowed if registered on County and Forest ROADS....

I just wanted a Means of me and My buddy to be able to separate. Without having to Drop each other off and so on. Not to Ride up to the birds. I Know better than to ruin somebody else hunts. I have Courtesy to park on the road if allowed and Walk in.

· Registered
86 Posts
Coosa

I have hunted Coosa WMA near Birmingham the last 2 seasons along with 3 of my buddies that are all experienced turkey hunters: heard and got on a few turkeys, hunting pressure was pretty high, terrain was rough, roads were very rough (4 wheel drives are a must), no birds killed, did not have a good quality hunt, probably won't return.

Disclaimer: We always went for the March 15 opener. Hunting probably would have been better if we would have waited a week or 2.

· Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys Just so you know i have been turkey hunting for 15 + years have over 20 birds under my belt. Will not step on any toes. I am a NWTF member and My father in law works for the INDNR....

just so you know i aint going to step on any toes, We are just trying to plan a Last minute spur of the moment hunt. Wife gave the ok after having a baby this winter and I NEED A QUALITY VACATION..:wink:

Pm if you want to stay in private.

· Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Back up,

come on bama Guys if you ever want to hunt the Midwest i will be the Guy to come to for the Hoosier state. :wink:

Barbour County WMA any info on it.

· Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Back TTT

any more bammers out there willing to help. i know you guys will be throwing up success threads left and right in a week. :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.