Archery Talk Forum banner

Whos has seen an albino or white deer

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody ive hunted for 32 years all over America and never even SEEN an albino or partially white deer in the wild. Who all has seen or harvested one? and post some pictures of your mounts!

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
I passed on a shot at a piebald doe once because I honestly thought it was a goat. When it flagged & ran off I felt stupid but then I was young. About 20 or so & had never seen 1 before.

·
Registered
218 Posts
tell me

tell me how to post them here and ill show some ,At any given year i will no where there is ten piabalds maybe one albino every five years or so?

·
Registered
252 Posts
where are yall' from? Round here deer are brown! And If there Brown there Down! Poke and hope boyz! Season startes tomorow!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
A friend that I hunt with has one on his land. We got it on the trail cam Monday.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ive seen one piebald doe. She is mostly white from the middle back and mostly brown from the middle forward. Ive passed her up twice. I have always thought shooting a piebald or albino was bad luck so ive just watched and admired.

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
If I ever get a chance at one, it will get shot and most likely a full body mount. Unless of course I am in one of the states with those ridiculous laws that make it illegal to shoot a white deer.

·
preparation>opportunity
3,074 Posts
my good buddy has one i'll see if i can find the picture give me a second... and i've seen one spotting but not hunting

·
preparation>opportunity
3,074 Posts
found it... took it with a bow too.

·
Banned
1,490 Posts
I just saw the legendary albino doe that has been hanging around Bryant IL for the first time last weekend. We where headed over to my stepdad's parents house and she was standing in the road at 4:40pm. Beautiful looking doe. Her fawn was standing in the beans, hard to tell how much white was on it, but definately had quite a bit. Probably be the last one I see in a long time.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I have shot one...bout three years ago...if i can find a picture i will post it up..

·
Registered
788 Posts
I live in upstate new york with alot of relatives around the seneca lake area, so I see white deer, does and bucks every year at the old fenced in army depot...these are white deer though not albinos. but still very cool to see :thumbs_up

·
Registered
56 Posts
There are so many piebald deer in Golden Valley County MT that it is illegal to shoot one with a certain percentage of white, it's in the regs.

Not too uncommon to see a few feeding in the fields in late summer in that area.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I shot a pie-bald doe about 10 years ago. I had the hide tanned...it didn't have a ton of white on it but was still cool. I have been watching one and trying to get a pic of one that has coloring of a saddle in white but to no avail.

·
Registered
17,302 Posts
I have never seen one while hunting but 2 years ago I seen a piebald doe close to my hunting area in Pa. not in hunting season, haven't seen her since and didn't hear if anybody got her. I have heard that there is a albino 7 pointer in Ohio hanging around one of my treestands!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts